Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question

Options
  • 25-09-2004 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm trying to install an FTV setup in a couple of rooms. I have an old analogue dish that hasn't been unused for about 5 years. I have bought a a Quad LNB and two second hand Sky digiboxes and FTV cards (Sky Yellow House) off eBay.
    A few questions:
    Do I need to buy a new dish?
    Is the old cable from the analogue system okay or do I need a new one to receive digital?
    Does the LNB (Raven) work with any dish?
    Do I need to re-position the dish to receive BBC and ITV etc.?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Do I need to buy a new dish?
    Probably not the only time you would need one is if there was any damage/corrosion to the old one or if the LNB fitting were different
    Does the LNB (Raven) work with any dish?
    As long as it can be fitted to the LNB arm there shouldnt be a problem
    Is the old cable from the analogue system okay or do I need a new one to receive digital?
    Hard to know. If the cable is in good condition and water hasnt got into it at any stage then it should be fine

Do I need to re-position the dish to receive BBC and ITV etc.?
    Probably. If its an old analouge dish its more than likely pointed at Astra 1 (19.2 degrees East) which nowadays is mainly used by German stations UK/Irish stuff is mainly on Astra 2 (28.2 degrees East)

Advertisement