Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another cartoon to remember

Options
  • 25-09-2004 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember a cartoon involving an American football team who went back in time and (I might not have this exactly right) became King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table? I think it was on Channel four, back when Channel four used to cartoons early in the mornings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

your definately not crazy because I too have had hallucinations of the same cartoon. I have no idea of the name though so I am of no use to you whatsoever. sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Found it. At leat I found the one I was thinking about:

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice

http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/www.thegia.com/snes/ka/ka.html

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Brilliant! Thanks, now I can tell all my friends it wasn't just a sugar induced hallucination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Whilst we're on the subject of football themed animations does anyone remember a 'soccer' show about some team made up of players from all countries and even had men and women playing on the same teams?

It was based on a 'global' league and every week the team would have to fly to a different city to play a game? Sorry I know I haven't given a great description but thats all I can remember apart from that it was probably showing around 1989-90

I got into football in an era when having a guy from Denmark on your team made you cosmopolitan and an away trip to Newcastle (or Derry) seemed like a pilgrimage, so the idea of a team with players from Contential Europe, America, Asia, Africa all playing together and flying around the globe in a jetplanes seemed so 'far out' and unlikely to me.

In retrospect how shortsighted I was!

Anyway, anyone have a clue what this show was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

i know exactly what you're talking about, it had 'thunder' in the name or something, and the main star (a steroid enhanced blonde guy) was almost always missing for most of the match and returned for the last few minutes to score the winning goal. the name still wludes me but i remember an episode where they row a boat into a cave with loads of sulphur and they get trapped or something, im still half asleep, sorry for my incoherency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I remember that football cartoon, what's going to annoy me is that I used to watch it religiously when I was younger and now I can't remember the name of it.... how annoying!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thru some bizzare alcohol fueled flashback I've remembered the name of the show ....... 'Hurricanes'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115209/

Not much luck finding any decent online info/pix about it tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

OH GOD, those names bring back so many more memories, papillon was the italian guy and napper was the main guy, he had a cowlick as far as i know and those round eyes that you only see on crack-heads

Advertisement