Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you want this?

Options
  • 07-04-2000 1:02pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking about making a books/films/music board to ensure the survival of the films/books boards and to help the suggested music board.

That said, I dunno if Books and Films boards would appreciate this as the book forum is relatively busy but still, it might be a good idea to get a vibrant "what I do when I'm NOT looking at a computer" board.

I'm really not sure about this...

Tom.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Btw we'd be thinking of bringing this new group up to the top level and out of Afterhours (even tho it does fit there).

We'd call it Entertainment or something...

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

it strikes me as too much under one bannner. if the boards get the increased membership we want, there'll be plenty of people to fill seperate music, film and book boards. in fact, book boards is the best thing in the site at the moment, and can survive well on its own.
    basically my gut reaction is that the clear definitions help focus the conversation. i think there shouldn't be much of a problem filling them if we get an increase in visitors. tv and film could be merged maybe. and books/magazines/any literature and then music could have technical questions about the "Internet Audio Revolution" (trademark aol time warner 1998) going on/
    well?

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I dunno about merging them. As has been said already, there is enough traffic on them to warrent leaving them alone. Broading there scope is a good idea...make it the Films and TV and the Books and Magazines boards.

Draco.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi guys,

I think the books board is doing quite well on it's own, I'd prefer to leave it as it is.

I don't know much about how you've divided the topics, but how about having an Entertainment (ie non comp related) header section with these boards as sub topics?

There's enough bleedin pics being posted on the afterhours board without letting those muppets find out about our books board! :P hehe smile.gif

Al.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I think that it would be good to leave the books boards alone 'cos they are some rather interesting and structured postings most of the time.
    Merging the books with films & music, etc would probably be a bad idea.How about giving them all seperate boards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tom Murphy

Ok, revised suggestion. From the end of the month we take poor old "For Sale" dude and religate him to a sub board.

Then we put an Entertainment area (but called something else, Real Life? ) in with Books, Film and TV, Music as sub categories.

We'll make Afterhours the "Games" area perhaps. (I have to think this through).

There seems to be some attachment to the books board and I hope we can maintain the discussion as its fast becoming a favourite of mine too.

Better?

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yah, stick "work" under "Real Life" while you're at it.
    Dares a Good lad smile.gif

Advertisement