Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sein back on NBC

Options
  • 24-09-2004 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Seinfeld retrospective coming to NBC
    Posted by tvbarn
    September 23, 2004 12:52 PM CT

NBC OFFERS ‘SEINFELD’ RETROSPECTIVE SPECIAL HOSTED BY JERRY SEINFELD FEATURING INTERVIEWS WITH ENTIRE CAST IN “THE ‘SEINFELD’ STORY” — THANKSGIVING NIGHT, NOVEMBER 25

BURBANK – September 23, 2004 – NBC will celebrate the best memories of one of television’s all-time classic comedies with a special titled “The ‘Seinfeld’ Story,” a retrospective commemorating the mega-hit “Seinfeld” – featuring interviews with the entire cast just two days after the DVD release of the series – on Thanksgiving night, Thursday, Nov. 25 (10-11 p.m. ET).

The announcement was made today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment, and Rick Ludwin, Senior Vice President, Late Night and Prime Time Series, NBC Entertainment.

“One of the elements that made ‘Seinfeld’ a classic comedy series was the incredible cast – Jerry, Julia, Jason and Michael,” said Reilly. “This special will focus on the early days of ‘Seinfeld’ and how it all began when it was the darkest of dark horses and had to overcome many obstacles, including poor media reviews.”

The “Seinfeld” series will begin its official release on DVD two days earlier on November 23.

Title star Jerry Seinfeld will host and others who are interviewed will include fellow cast members Jason Alexander, Michael Richards and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, as well as co-creator and executive producer Larry David (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”). During interviews, each cast member will talk about the series’ genesis and concentrate on the first four years when “Seinfeld” formed its unique style until it emerged as an acclaimed comedy classic.

In addition, notable recurring characters will be seen in vintage clips.

The special will be telecast in high definition (HDTV). As a result of new film transfers, this will mark the first time that “Seinfeld” has ever been broadcast in the advanced quality format of HDTV.

“Seinfeld” – which TV Guide proclaimed as the #1 television series of all time — ran from 1989-98, primarily on Thursday nights. Dubbed “the show about nothing,” the program earned a total of 10 Emmy Awards and 70 nominations. Some of the wins included Outstanding Comedy Series and Richards was also honored with three Emmys as Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series while Louis-Dreyfus also received an Emmy as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. The series also earned two Emmys for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.

Jerry Seinfeld, George Shapiro and Howard West are the executive producers; Glenn Padnick, Morgan Sackett and Darin Henry are the producers of “The ‘Seinfeld’ Story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Excellent- hopefully it will be available for download on DIvx soon after.

To be honest I never tire watching the clip shows and if this is anyhting like it then it should be brillo.

I think it wont harm DVD sales either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm gonna be in The States that day so I'll be able to see it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

smuckers wrote:
    I'm gonna be in The States that day so I'll be able to see it. :D
    Lucky Boy!

We'll be expecting a review!!

Advertisement