Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ST Voyager final season next year.

Options
  • 24-03-2000 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

No TV board.
    'Star Trek' Series Faces Final Frontier Next Year

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Science fiction series ``Star Trek: Voyager'' will face its final season next year on the UPN
    television network, but talks have already begun for a new series based on the classic 1960s TV show ``Star Trek,'' network
    officials said on Monday.

``Voyager'' helped launch the fledgling network in January 1995 and has remained a cornerstone of its programming ever
    since. It remains popular, but UPN and the show's producers figured that after next season, its seventh, ``Voyager'' will have
    ventured to all the strange and exotic places on fringes of space that it can.

Tom Noonan, who heads UPN's programming division, promised advertisers ``a surprising conclusion'' and a ``smashing
    finale'' for the show at a special meeting on the Paramount Pictures movie studio lot to preview the network's 2000/2001
    season.

Network chief Dean Valentine said UPN was already talking to the show's producers about a new ``Star Trek'' series to
    take its place, but he remained mum on any details.

``Voyager'' is the fourth series in the long-running and wildly profitable franchise of programs and movies originating with the
    adventures of James T. Kirk and the crew of the spaceship Enterprise on the frontiers of space.

``Star Trek'' first rocketed onto U.S. airwaves in 1966, but it was panned by critics and generally unwatched by audiences.
    After just three years, NBC yanked the show from its schedule.

In reruns during the 1970s, the show found a core audience of mainly young men who came to be called ``trekkies'' and who
    held conventions to buy and sell ``Star Trek'' memorabilia. By 1979 Paramount, seeing a huge marketing opportunity,
    brought the series back as a special effects-filled movie that proved to be a blockbuster at box offices.

The first movie sparked a years-long run of sequels that lasted into the 1990s, and three more TV shows: ``The Next
    Generation,'' ``Deep Space Nine'' and finally ``Voyager,'' which starred Kate Mulgrew as Captain Kathryn Janeway at the
    helm of the 24th Century spaceship. The show also spawned an animated version that ran during the mid-1970s.

Paramount and UPN are owned by New York-based entertainment giant Viacom Inc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Final episode is "Unimatrix Zero" which hasn't aired here yet.

Season 6 finale spoiler don't move your mouse over it if you don't want to know.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 24-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Don't dare touch MY 7 of 9 !!! she's mine ..
    The best drone i ever had ( or whish i had smile.gif )

all i can say is frown.gif

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ah no longer shall we hear the lovely voice of Kathryn 'just ingested half a ton of helium' Janeway......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

the show had just found it's feet frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

Gamblor its commonly known that 7 of 9 is mine, sure doesn't she spend all her time in my bedroom avec moi. and believe me she will never be allowed to leave smile.gif

nuff said

except of course the highlight of my day (each and every day) are the threesomes woith 7 of 9 and BUFFY

oh yeah

Wyverne

• Advertisement
Advertisement