Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(help)Using an aerial to pick up Irish TV

Options
  • 23-09-2004 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

While waiting for cablelink to patch up the cable in my new apartment, I decided to get an aerial, so at least I could pick up RTE1, Net2, TV3 and TG4. I attempted this last night, and the best I could get was a very fuzzy TV3, and a pretty crappy Net2 :rolleyes:

Would anyone have any tips on making the most of the aerial? Doesn't seem to make much difference which way I point it...

Cheers,

Kev.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I'm going to move this to ICDG Terrestrial, you shold get more help there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Roxof

Hi Irlirishkev

Indoor reception can often be a hit and miss affair, especially where the signal has to go through several walls and where there may be multiple reflections. Trying to put the aerial outside or at least close to a window, and trying for as much height as possible, might help. Also, possibly a "booster" if the signal is fairly ghost-free but just weak (snowy).

HTH

:cool:

Advertisement