Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disorientation ball who's going what do people think

Options
  • 22-09-2004 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

hey as most people know the disorientation ball is on 2moro, i'm just creating a thread to see who is going to it and also because it's so soon what people think of it after. I unfortunately didn't make it to the BBQ but i was told the band were funny and it was a good laugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

ME! Hey any ideas on where it's on? I kinda dislike coyote by this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It's on in the red box and you better all go! Cause i'm going and my friends are gonna go also. Ignore the venue and think of gettin to know lots of peep from our year :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

My debs is on. But I'm going to the one next thurs.

WOOP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Wonder if there is any hope of a 17 year old getting in :(

Heard its a school disco type affair? Anyone getting dressed up?
    Think I'll just end up slapping a tie on or somethin :D

Gotta love the sweatbox though! Anyone know if there'll be their usual cheap thursday night drink promos going on? (they serve drink cheap on a thurs normally in case you didn't know - so if they seem expensive then as usual the DCU nights a rip ;))

• Advertisement

Wonder if there is any hope of a 17 year old getting in :(

Hmmm they normally aren't very strict on id's however it's the first night of the year and there'll be a lot of underage people floating about so ye never know... Just get a mate to get you a ticket and it'll be 50/50 from there

Ye I think I may as well try, hopefully see some of you there, but it will probably turn out like most of the "meet ups" were nobody actually meets anyone :D

Look for me. I'll be the drunk guy HA HA. :rolleyes:

nah seriously the sweatbox is the worst place to meet anyone. It's so small that it'd be like trying to find a clean needle in mount joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

wrong username! ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

(proper username)

what?

I didnt know there was an orientation ball! maybe i shouldnt have skipped orientation week,thought it was just about welcoming speechs etc.Now i hear differently.There was also a BBQ.

oh facking hell.

• Advertisement

you can still buy a ticket tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Forgot to get a ticket, and my orientation is over now, so I guess i'll just give it a miss and save my cash for the next event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

damn what a start to first year i can't go and i bought a ticket and all. anyways i'll see you guys another time in one of the events during the year , have fun all

Pooh :D

Big disappointment, especially with all the pimping it got from the DCUSU.

Got to know 1 new person so it was not a complete lose!

Admittidly it is not really my "scene" but I tried looking for someone I might be able to hold a remotly entertaining conversation but sadly it was not to be! and shouting doesnt really work for conversations unless its "Will ye meet me friend!"

OK maybe a bit overboard, it just isnt my scene so I didnt enjoy it, almost lost my shoes about 20 times too cause they were sticking to the floor!

Glad that I have been able to meet people my just sitting by them and chatting rather than shouting over the "re-mix" version of some song with the bass ridiculously loud!

I dunno why I have ranted so much!

Pints of bud 3 euros, double vodka and redbull 6 euros = me WASTED.

Twas ok I spose, like you said - wasn't exactly the best place to meet people. DIT did this trip out the fairyhouse from 5 pm till 5 am according to my mate. Which sounds a lot better imho.

Freshers ball next week :D

Ye the prices were good, but at the same time that lead to a lot of drunken messes :D

One girl stood out amongst everyone, she was falling on her back and her ass everytime she stop up, guys helped here up then one stayed with her and started felling her. She eventually sat down by this couple who were eating the faces off each other for the ENTIRE night, never EVER stopped, not even to get a drink! Eventually the drunken girl got up stumbled to the door tried to grab it, failed tried to grab something behind her, failed, Fell successfully on the floor probably breaking her ass.

I know not everybody is like that but it just ruins the night to see that and think of what happened to her after that.

Is it 18+ again for the Freshers? I know there is a topic for it already but im posting now so I may as well ask here. Wouldnt be much of a freshers ball if everyone couldnt get it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Afaik it is Smelly. But you will probably get in ye know how it is, if your lucky you will.

Doesn't sound like I missed out on anything though.

What is your "scene" though, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

from my experience it is rare to have a good organised event, its the parties before and after them in people's house that are the best craic.

Well it comes with the territory really. A lot of people wont be used to drinking loads when they get to college and will get fall-down drunk on cheap drink trying to keep up with other people. You see it less and less as the balls progress :cool:

Anyways yer any time an event is held in DCU they're quite strict on id's, mainly I think because they get bouncers in from outside. Dunno how this will work though seeing as it's an outdoor carnival mixture type deal this year. Maybe they'll have barriers up?? :confused:

Just remembered i gave my tie away half way through the nite! FFS

My scene, I dunno, I would rather be able to sit down and have a laugh with the people and talk to them, then have to shout at them and not understand a word they said, just as a "getting to know people" idea the ball wasnt much use. I wouldnt go to one of the nightclubs again tbh :D

The gig would have been good cause you could talk to people there and the BBQ was ideal.

My scene, hum, I dunno, anywhere I have fun! and I dont have fun at nightclubs! Most other places I do though!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

So far, how i've gotten to know people is through Sarunas, pretty much 0_o.

Oh and my waffler antics when we did those two "talk to someone near you who you don't know" things. They were fun.

yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hyperali

thats true sarunas is a connector of people. handy to have around

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

Yeh the ball wasn't great for getting to know people ...anyway this week is supposed to be good when everyone comes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

hyperali wrote:
    thats true sarunas is a connector of people. handy to have around

Hehe.

Do i know you?

Advertisement