Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I imagine this ad

Options
  • 21-09-2004 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

I heard 'Bette Davis Eyes' by Kim Carnes last week and found myself humming along different words to it...they certainly didn't make sense, but they almost seemed ingrained in my brain. The more i thought of it, i seemed to remember Pacman and 7up.

This did exist, did it? A re-hash of Bette Davis Eyes and some video game thing...all as part of a 7up ad?

ta

GT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

7up & Bette Davis Eyes did exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes, it was 7-up and pac-man and Bette Davis.

It went something like "It soothes you, it cools you, ....." can't remember the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I think "Shes got bette davis eyes" was replaced with something like "7UP is for real" or "7up is so clear" or something like that

Incedentily that song "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony" was that used for coke or pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I think "Shes got bette davis eyes" was replaced with something like "7UP is for real" or "7up is so clear" or something like that

Incedentily that song "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony" was that used for coke or pepsi.
    It was Coke...and ripped off by Oasis in their song Shakermaker...

AND AND AND....the current Coke song, where yer wan divvies out the bottles on the street, is (you may not know this) the theme from Film 97 etc slowed down to a 'spiritual' tempo. It could *still* be the theme to the BBCs film show, however as I found young Woss's sycophanticism rather sickening, I tend to steer clear

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭jmcc

It was Coke...and ripped off by Oasis in their song Shakermaker...

AND AND AND....the current Coke song, where yer wan divvies out the bottles on the street, is (you may not know this) the theme from Film 97 etc slowed down to a 'spiritual' tempo.
    I thought it was the Coke theme from the late sixties/early seventies. A bit earlier than the Film 97 ref.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

is bette davis that woman with freakishly huge eyes who was in horror films? cos if she is...apparently i have her eyes....i looked like a chiwawah as a baby...or even jasper carrat w/e u prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

scary!

davb011.jpgchihuahua_vandriessche.jpgjc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

hey did u break into my family photo's file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lieby

Funny that , i had vague memories of that 7up ad, and was searching for it in google when i came across this forum, now i can tell you, we did not imagine it, for proof go here

http://www.cyberroach.com/videomisc/videomisc.htm

and right click on the obvious one....

10meg download, worth it .................

7up the difference is clear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement