Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water purity at home??

Options
  • 21-09-2004 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Ok Guys….I have a question!!

In a conversation last Saturday night I was told an interesting fact, apparently there is a difference in quality and purity of the water that comes out of your kitchen tap and your bathroom tap?? :eek:

It seems to be that this is a bit bizarre, I mean why would you bother to have two different types of water in your house??

Anybody got any comment……is this true??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'd say its the fact that your Kitchen Tap is Fed directly off the mains water supply entering your house.

Whereas the Bathroom Tap is Fed from a water tank in your attic which is topped up as the water level goes down from the mains.

This means that water coming from your bathroom tap could be stored and stagnating in your attic tank for who knows how long depending on usage, and also it was common practice in some houses not to even install a cover on your attic water tank which means that dust and spiders and anything else can get into that water, nowadays all water tanks should have covers installed on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Makes sense i suppose, Thanks Furp!

Advertisement