Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Won't lie. Need Money for Beer"

Options
  • 19-09-2004 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I was in New York a couple of weeks ago and a saw a bum in Times Square. He was looking for money from passers by. He held a sign saying "Won't lie. Need Money for Beer". I taught it was very funny. Didn't have my camera with me to take a picture.
    Has anyone else seen funny signs on their travels?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

there was a guy on o connell bridge last week with the same sign

maybe he's on holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd give the bloke a can tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

just a pic that always floats through my email with varying text all pretty the same as what you said above. Funnier when its true tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

Ye, I saw a guy with that sign in temple bar/ha'penny bridge, put a smile on my face.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There used to be a guy beside where I lived in France with a sign saying "SDF De luxe - cartes bleues acceptées" (de luxe bum, credit cards taken) and he had a little card-swiper beside his hat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement