Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Purchase

Options
  • 19-09-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me some xbox titles to buy? I was thinking on buying the following, Ninja Gaiden, Riddick and Sudeoki. Any other recommendations or thoughts on the games metioned.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Halo,Morrowind

• Registered Users Posts: 54,043 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ninja gaiden is a brilliant game awsome game

also burnout 3 on the xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

crash nitro cart for mp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I also thought Red Dead Revolver was pretty fab if you want a bit of western shootin' action!!

i thought red dead revolver was crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Can anyone recommend me some xbox titles to buy? I was thinking on buying the following, Ninja Gaiden, Riddick and Sudeoki. Any other recommendations or thoughts on the games metioned.

from what Ive heard, Sudeki was overhyped. not as great as it shuold have been. I didnt like chronicles of riddick at all. get kotor, its only 20 euro second hand. we have a few in dawson street and some second hand ninja gaidens. we got morrowwind in today but if you want it youd wanna get in quick. also today we got shenmue 2 in pre-owned. burnout 3 is amazing on xbox. better than ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

evad_lhorg wrote:
    from what Ive heard, Sudeki was overhyped. not as great as it shuold have been. I didnt like chronicles of riddick at all. get kotor, its only 20 euro second hand. we have a few in dawson street and some second hand ninja gaidens. we got morrowwind in today but if you want it youd wanna get in quick. also today we got shenmue 2 in pre-owned. burnout 3 is amazing on xbox. better than ps2.

sudeki is great
    i enjoyed it more than fable (beat em both)
    ninja gaiden is still the best xbox game imho
    knights of the old republic is a close second
    oh and soul calibur is also great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Actually, Chronicles of Riddick was surprisingly good. KOTOR is brilliant, you can get that on PC aswell if you prefer that (I preferred it on PC to Xbox). Burnout 3 is great on Xbox, best controller for it, lot of fun (though I'm bored with it now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

i actually didnt think much of burnout 3
    its ok just above average but thats about it
    probably the reason was that i was playin project gotham 2 at the time and
    the arcade drivin feel just didnt work 4 me at the time

oh and project gotham racing 2 is one 2 get
    so is fight nite if u like sports games, great game
    i could b here all day recommending games 2 ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I went with Sudeki and Ninja Gaiden and Pre-ordered Fable, I already have most of the other good titles mentioned like Burnout 3 and KOTOR and Halo. I know sudeki was way over hyped but ive played it a bit at my friends and I though it was savage. No FFX though.

• Advertisement

what's morrowwind about anyone? oh and soul calibur is a great game but the gamecube is the best console for it. the reason being....LINK and the controller plays really well with it(unlike capcom vs snk 2 and that poxy d-pad.)

im really hoping pro evo 4 plays well on the xbox pad.

morrow wind = brilliant game

oh right I couldnt have guessed that from other peoples posts. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you like nerdy "whack the rabbit with +10 stick of rabbit whacking" type stuff, go for morrowind.

:( what are u saying tman you dont want to get me started on how good morrowind is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

snoopdog wrote:
    :( what are u saying tman you dont want to get me started on how good morrowind is

Gwan tman. Get him started. I'd love to hear about Morrowmind. I'm thinking of buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

tman wrote:
    if you like nerdy "whack the rabbit with +10 stick of rabbit whacking" type stuff, go for morrowind.

actually that's a pretty good description. :)

'cept there's no rabbits...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Morrowind is really class. BUT!!...It will require you to ruin your life to get the most out of it. Its the type of game where it takes you 4 hours to complete like 0.01% of the game. Its very detailed and as such requires you to really play it for quite a while before you truely learn what a great game it is. I guess to sum up, brilliant for types that have:
    1. No girlfriend,
    2. No social life (or an expendable social life)
    3. A lot of patience.

I hope you fall into this category because you will love it if you do.
    Others may disagree with me on the above though...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

morrowind is brill but as they say u need to invest ALOT of time in it to get anywhere, hell at the start a rat will own you in a battle :)
    defo recommend ninja gaiden also timesplitters 2 is great multipalyer and dirt cheap. KOTOR is just too cool, picked up battlefront recently and id recommend it for its multiplayer its the only battlefield type game on the xbox i can think of. no need to recommend halo i think :) splinter cell games of course if your into sneak-em-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i picked up Morrowwind and KOTOR in game last weekend for €20 each in the preowned section. Both in perfect nicks, manuals and all. delighted.
    Playing KOTOR atm. well impressed. took a 10 min gander at morrowwind, was disappointed by the graphics but i'll go back and give it a chance.

I'd recommend Crimson Skies and NHL2004 (if ye've got a 2nd controller and someone to play with)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

In Game in Blanchardstown I seen a few copies of Freedom Fighters for less than a tenner, very good game especially at that price !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Thought I'd bring this thread back to life by asking Is it woth buying an XBox at the moment? I have a PS2 but been thinking more and more of trading it for an Xbox.

I dont wanna spend €30 on PS2 network thingy when I can change over to Xbox with instant live capability and superior graphics.

What other pros and cons (if there are any) are there to this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Thought I'd bring this thread back to life by asking Is it woth buying an XBox at the moment? I have a PS2 but been thinking more and more of trading it for an Xbox.

I dont wanna spend €30 on PS2 network thingy when I can change over to Xbox with instant live capability and superior graphics.

What other pros and cons (if there are any) are there to this?

To trade in a PS2 for an Xbox...

- a second hand PS2 is worth f-all,
    (more so now that the new PS2 (PStwo) has a modem built-in)
    - GTA SA, will be PS2 only for some time
    - Other exclusive PS2 games
    - With Xbox Live you also need to buy a starter kit to get online
    - Xbox Live requires a credit card to set up your account
    + Halo 2
    + Other exclusive Xbox games
    + (Possible) better online experience with Live

Why not keep the PS2, and save up for an Xbox?

most places are sold out of xbox now since the price drop. the black one is not being made anymore and they are bringing back the crystal one. the price drop effectively was pointless cause now it's 159.99 same as ps2. the newcrystal ones apparently cant be modded which sucks.

got my xbox modded best thing since slice bread :D

i love my xbox i also have a ps2 so example tiger woods 2005 comes on the ps2 and the xbox the graphics on the xbox for tiger woods is alot better than the ps2 i think any way

also the master chief is back soon

HALO 2 i cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

cheers guys, ive been offered a direct swap, xbox for my ps2, so i think ill go with it. is there anything im forgetting or not realsing tho?

Advertisement