Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do open relationships work?

Options
  • 18-09-2004 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

The title says it all really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'd say most couples would find that they didnt, cause that wasn't how the relationship started out but if all parties entered knowing that was what was going to happen, can't see why not. Obviously there'll be some that don't but there's some "normal" relationships that don't....lots in fact :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I think it varies from couple to couple, I have a friend who has a very open relationship with his girlf and whenever he's with anorther girl he tells her. He even had another girlfriend while he was away.

I think they can only really work if both people are completely comfortable with it. Jealousy also plays a big part in it, Jealousy is the enemy of open relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

that's such an oxymoron.

Advertisement