Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fences - Who supplies/installs?

Options
  • 17-09-2004 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,

I just bought a house and it didn't come with any fences/walls etc. I'm looking to get 2 boundary walls built for my garden, 100 ft in total. I was looking to get a concrete wall but after I got a quote from a builder for €4500 I decided that a wooden fence would be the cheapest option.

Does anyone know of any builders/handymen etc who put up concrete post/plinth and 6ftx6ft wooden panel fences? What price can I expect to pay? I was told approx €110 per 6 ft length...

Or where can I buy the supplies (i.e. concrete posts, concrete plinths, overlap wooden fence) to do it myself?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

In relation to the fencing, there is a builders providers on the N.Side called Graingers in Baldoyle, best price around. They will deliver in the n.side also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Hi Dr

6x6 lap panels €19.98 each B&Q
    Concrete slotted inter post €13.31 each B&Q
    They dont sell the bottom parts and dont know how much they are - if you do get these you should probably get the 6x4 lap panels.
    Delivery charge - €35
    Buy concrete post mortar €6.20 per bag per post - Homebase

As for someone who will install.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Hi,

I just bought a house and it didn't come with any fences/walls etc. I'm looking to get 2 boundary walls built for my garden, 100 ft in total.

The other thing to check is if you have neoghbours, will they go halfs on the cost - after all they're getting the privacy benifit too.

Personally I'd spend the money on the materials and do the labour myself. Ditto if you can get neighbours help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DrKevorkian

Thanks for that...

FYI i also found:
    Heaton Buckley - 19.50 per post, 14 per plinth
    Chadwicks - 21.09 per post, 16.26 per plinth

As for installation I'm getting quotes of €100-110 per 6 foot length. Might end up doing it myself at that rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

/me has 7 6x6 pieces in my garage i been trying to get rid of for 2 years they fine jsut need a new coat of anti weather crap , free to anyone who will pick them up.

You should be able to stick it in yourself , its easy depending on soil get 8ft plinths belt them in with a sledge hammer with about 5.5ft is sticking up out of ground attach fence with nails as per instructions AND tie-mes. No wind on earth will move them :)

If you have hard soil dig 2 feet into ground and use cement for 1 foot of plinth. , either way once 2 feet or more is in the ground they not moving.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement