Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underlay and wood glue - Free

Options
  • 16-09-2004 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Having finally finished all the wood floors in my place I have some leftover foam underlay and glue. I'd say about 700Sqft of underlay - it's hard to say, two half rolls. And I've at least a litre of wood glue - far more than I intend to use in this lifetime.

So if anybody is about to do some laminate/semisolid flooring work and needs this, and are conveniant to D15 or D11 to collect it, drop me a PM. Lets face it the stuff is only worth €20-€30 I suppose, but I'd rather it got used than sat in my attic.

PM if interested :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Borzoi wrote:
    Having finally finished all the wood floors in my place I have some leftover foam underlay and glue. I'd say about 700Sqft of underlay - it's hard to say, two half rolls. And I've at least a litre of wood glue - far more than I intend to use in this lifetime.

So if anybody is about to do some laminate/semisolid flooring work and needs this, and are conveniant to D15 or D11 to collect it, drop me a PM. Lets face it the stuff is only worth €20-€30 I suppose, but I'd rather it got used than sat in my attic.

PM if interested :D
    Borzoi, you seem to have overestimated on the underlay when you bought it...700sq ft left.
    I would be interested but I don't know how to send a PM. If you can tell me that the underlay has a damp proof membrane in it cos I'm putting down laminate on 45sq ft on a new concrete floor soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

<<<Left click user name

Scroll down to Send <named member> a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Borzoi, you seem to have overestimated on the underlay when you bought it...700sq ft left.
    I would be interested but I don't know how to send a PM. If you can tell me that the underlay has a damp proof membrane in it cos I'm putting down laminate on 45sq ft on a new concrete floor soon.

hehehe. no really.

The stuff is so cheap that if you're buying the floor from the same guys they just give you a complete roll of foam rather than be arsed measuring it. Did my place in two stages, hence I have two half rolls of the stuff - it could be 700sqft, it could be 1000. Guess what - I'm not arsed measuring it either.

This stuff isn't suitable as a damp proof membrane as it's 4ft wide roll, if you need dampproof, you need a large roll of Visqueen (or similar). However if your place is a new build, the contractor has a Damp Proof Course already laid under the concrete. You should make sure that your new home has warmed up and fully dried out though before you start on a flooring project.

If you want the stuff it's yours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Borzoi wrote:
    This stuff isn't suitable as a damp proof membrane as it's 4ft wide roll, if you need dampproof, you need a large roll of Visqueen (or similar). However if your place is a new build, the contractor has a Damp Proof Course already laid under the concrete. You should make sure that your new home has warmed up and fully dried out though before you start on a flooring project.
    Even still, at €20 a pop, putting in the visqueen won't do any harm as floors have the habit of taking quite some time to dry out.

Advertisement