Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The completely unofficial Halo 2 thread!

Options
  • 15-09-2004 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Since as their is not one allready,& their seems to be a good number of us xbox owners,i decided to make a thread for talk on Halo 2.Here you can disscuss anything on or about halo 2.

So lets get it started!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

God I hate "official" threads!

Besides, bit early to say much bout Halo2 isnt it?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I don't remember making this official. Nakey? Monument?

Looking forward to Halo 2 though, especially the multiplayer stuff, hope it's full of assault and co-op and... I think I need to sit down.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A whole load of meh for me. I'm just sick of dealing with all the Haloheads on forums and that come into the shop that are like
    'OMG OMG liek halo is teh best!11!!!!!1!!one!'
    I'm not buying an xbox anytime soon either. Just don't have the time for more than one console. Might pick up Halo when I upgrade my PC in the distant future, but it's not a priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=rumorbuster&p=676412

LOL
    NOTE: Bungie reserves the right to tell packs of lies whenever it chooses

Some of the content on this page reminds me of a young DMA , class page :0
    And at last i found a new sig.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Official? Unfortunately, the documentation was only received in triplicate, and not the 5 copies that are required. As such, this thread, for now, remains completely unofficial.

Halo2, then. I'm perhaps one of the only people on this board capable of admitting to liking a console FPS, and I must admit that HALO did rub me up in a quite wonderful way. Sure, the bad guys were terrible, the level design was terrible and most of the weapons were terrible, but it had a lot going for it. The story, the pacing, the vehicles, the multiplayer, the sense of actually being part of some greater scene all made this game incredibly memorable. And how often do you remember a FPS for its story? Halo2 doesn't need to reinvent anything, just build on what it already has. If it can do that, we could be looking at the biggest game of the Christmas.

Ignoring Metroid Prime 2 and GTA: San Andreas, possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I cant wait for this game to come out... im pissing my pants with excitement... well not quite but i cant wait...

I think a 2 day marathon when it comes out is in order.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

God,i cant belive somepeople seem to have not played halo.You must!When i say official i mean its the only halo2 thread on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Why do people feel that putting symbols before and after the title make it more "official". I see it everywhere.

Halo isn't that good btw.

Halo is a good game.Halo2 will exceed ALL expectations.Its not to early to talk about halo2!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Halo is a good game.Halo2 will exceed ALL expectations.Its not to early to talk about halo2!
    You work for MS don't you?

How can you possibly assume it will exceed all expectations.
    (Actually, your right it will, seeing as how I have no expectations for it in the first place)

• Advertisement

Ok so talk. Just because Halo was a good game (in your opinion) does mean Halo 2 will be a good game. Telling the future has yet to be invented so the phrase "Halo2 will exceed ALL expectations." is something you cannot, as yet, prove.

You can't just say these things without providing some reasoning behind it.

Lastly to all those bleating that it's too early to talk about Halo 2: shut the hell up, it's never too early. Hell I talk to myself about Duke Nukem Forever all the bloody time and I'll probably be dead after a remarkably long life before it's released.

Now let's all talk about Halo 2 and all the cool things we know about it or would like to see in it until our eyes and fingers bleed with pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

halo is a good game. nice fun fps. run, shoot, kill, smile. it used the formula HL made and just brought it to the xbox and made it looks nice (though the fmv's look dated today).

halo2 is really just halo1.5... new maps, new vehicles, and what not. it could probably have worked just as well as an expansion pack.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Destruction!

While the multiplayer was quite good (in a fun way), Halo wasn’t a ground breaking single player game – it was good – but the hype managed to piss off a hell of a lot of hardcore mostly PC gamers.

If Halo 2’s single player manages to go beyond all of my expectations, I’ll be happily surprised, all I’m expecting is Halo, new story + extras– again nothing ground breaking, but I don’t think there is any problem with it being such.

Multiplayer is more of the same + extras (fighting aliens, modes of play, maps) - again there is nothing wrong with improving a game in this way – it’s just not beyond all of my expectations – it’s possible, but unlikely single player will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

What the hell, an "Offical game" thread? God I thought we were a bit more upper class than the other boards. *ahem gamespot, ign ahem* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Somone please put this thread out of it's misery.

.. please..

As a compromise I’ve rename it.

And I'm going to make it crystal clear that if anybody says the word "official" or "un-official" in this thread I will ban them instantly. It will give me great pleasures.

:mad: amp you fool!!U had the rudeness to change the title of the thread!Why do u have do u have to get so stuck up about someone calling a thread certain words!U did not only change the the title of my thread but u changed it to the completely unofficial halo 2 thread! If u insisted on changing it u could of a least changed it to The Halo2 Thread.Oh god their are some stuck up fools around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

LOL, it wasn't amp that renamed your thread
    :p

LOL urself,who did then???

• Advertisement

Everybody:

The topic of the thread is Halo2. The topic of the thread is not about the title of the thread, whether this thread is official or unofficial, or whether amp is a nazi and/or a stuck up fool.

Post about Halo2, or don't post at all.

Back on topic, or you will be banned.

Ner ner, got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

LOL urself,who did then???
    monument wrote:
    As a compromise I’ve rename it.

Wasn't I.

Ok ok,i just am confused as to why someone would rename the title of my thread?Whats the big deal about calling it unofficial or official anyway??People on other boards dont make a fuss about someone calling a thread certain words if they dont like it for some stupid reason.
    WHY DID U BOTHER RENAMING MY THREAD.
    IF U INSISTED ON RENAMING MY THREAD WHY NOT JUST RENAME IT
    TO THE HALO 2 THREAD?
    IT COMES ACROSS TO ME AS SOME PEOPLE HERE LIKE THE PERSON
    CHANGED THE TITLE ARE A RuDe

tipperaryboy you're banned form the games board for a week!

Rabies I'm only warning because you were defending your self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JosephF

I am back with a new username.Now i see why u banned me,cause i said that it was official like it was from bungie or microsoft.It would of been nice if i had been told that before i was banned,cause if i'd known that on boards.ie people mind about it i would'nt of named it official.So,can my thread please be renamed to The Halo2 Thread,please.
    Now back to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

JosephF wrote:
    I am back with a new username.

That'll get you banned too.

Halo 2 though, really looking foward to it.

JosephF banned from the games forum. Again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

halo2 is really just halo1.5... new maps, new vehicles, and what not. it could probably have worked just as well as an expansion pack.

Nope. Definitely not. Halo2 is most definitely not Halo 1.5
    Much more to it than 'new maps' 'new vehicles'

Advertisement