Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alien V's aliens?

Options
  • 19-04-1999 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

it has to be alien.
    ok so aliens had the guns and loads of aliens running about and that brilliant scene under the cooling tanks and they have no ammo....,
    but alien is jusy a classic. its atmospheric, its pretty scarey in parts, the alien spacecraft set is just unbelievable, and the look on john hurts face when he just discovered that his food had a big slug in it.. well. nuff said

whitewash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You blaspheming heretic!! smile.gif Aliens is a better flick, tho must be said they take two totally different approaches.

Alien is all enclosed spaces, body horror, messed up mind type stuff - Aliens is more about kicking ass and taking names. Depends on the mood you're in which one to watch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I would go for Alien any day!

Alien was horror, aliens was action, two different film types but I think that the Alien itself is much more suited to horror.

So, what about Alien3? I dunno, it's different alright, and I have to say, I really liked it (especially the chase scene with the alien on the ceiling! And the scene with the candles). Again, it was more horror (though it could have done without the symbolic scene at the end).

Alien4? hmm, jury's still out on this one. I loved some scenes but overall.....

So, will there be an Alien Earthwar film? Now THAT would be good!

J.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Aliens 4 was made instead of Aliens vs Predator.

There are loads of Alien vs Predator comics. Most seem to be about aliens been released on a world by the predators so that they can hunt them.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

>but alien is jusy a classic.

Aliens is more of a classic.

>its atmospheric, its

Aliens has better atmosphere.

>pretty scarey in parts,

Aliens is scarey EVERYWHERE.

>the alien spacecraft set is just >unbelievable,

Aliens is better .. um .. everywhere.

Begone heretic!

Nah - Alien is a great film in its own right, a milestone. But I still think Aliens was the best of the four.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, alien was good, but... alien....
    it whipps the llamas ass.
    and alien v predator was shelved due to it being too costly, but after jurasic park, titanic and starship troopers, weve seen just how much the tech wizards can do so maybe just maybe it may come alive again.

and the whole idea about the predators seeding the planet was so that they could have a 'safari' park. it was to test their manhood (predatorhood?). damn fine idea. i wonder could we get a cage in dublin zoo and breed q1 players for us q2 players to smack about smile.gif
    whitewash

oh, and yes i have read alot of the alien v predator comics smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

Man, you must surely looking forward to the Aliens Vs Predator game coming out soon. It hasn't recieved much hype - but its definitely one of the best quake type games I've played in a long long time.
    I'm gonna buy it as soon as it hits the shops (and I haven't bought a game in aaaaages). smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what about alien V's predator?
    now theres something i would like to see

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

There were rmours about that but it was shelved for some reason. Then the game was started, adn that got shelved as well (I think).

Now the Game has been finished and released, maybe the film will too!

Was there only one Alien vs Predator comic (the one on the safari world, with the planet seeded by the predators to go hunting the aliens that came out of the different animals and the humans stuck in the middle) or were there more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Aliens has all that feminism sub text. Wimmin eh?

Advertisement