Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Jobs

Options
  • 15-09-2004 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Im just wondering where can I find out about jobs in DCU itself.
    I wouldnt mind some part time work in the library or even in the School of Computing.
    I dont have many hours so Id lke to do something with my free time

Anybody work there before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

ehh did ya bother even trying the dcu website...?

it's there on the front page... http://www.dcu.ie/vacancies/current.shtml

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

decob wrote:

They're more like full time jobs Deco you sarky wanker.

Depending on what school you're in, there should be loads of jobs coming up to do lab supervision etc, generally 20 hours a week or thereabouts. Ask your school office or first year lecturers as soon as you get back and see if they have anything coming up.

Also ask the Students Union and Student Affairs if they have anything coming up, maybe Ents Crew, or temp work on open days and that kind of thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

decob wrote:

what DCU have a website??
    there should be loads of jobs coming up to do lab supervision etc, generally 20 hours a week or thereabouts

Thats exactly what im looking for, but i cant get through to anybody about it, Ive rang the school of computing loads and there is no-one around that can point me in the right direction

spockety wrote:
    They're more like full time jobs Deco you sarky wanker.

hey where is this nazi mod. that sort of abuse should not be tolerated.. ban spockety... :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

jank wrote:
    what DCU have a website??

Thats exactly what im looking for, but i cant get through to anybody about it, Ive rang the school of computing loads and there is no-one around that can point me in the right direction

What do they tell you when you ring?
    Ask for the school secretary..

Also try Student Affairs.. they should have some temp work coming up in the first few weeks of the semester

• Advertisement

jank wrote:
    Im just wondering where can I find out about jobs in DCU itself.
    I wouldnt mind some part time work in the library or even in the School of Computing.
    I dont have many hours so Id lke to do something with my free time

Anybody work there before?

actually jank you said you were doing the e-commerce masters, when i did it we had the option to do lab tutoring for second years, the business people in the ee-commerce masters and the grad dips in IT. Generally java, VB not sure what else. We had to do x amount of hours and we got the fee we paid re-funded, then if you did over those hours you got paid more, but didn't get paid till the end of semester.

Students union usually need people for ents crew, not great pay and usually very unsociable hours - you'd be working during the events.

Advertisement