Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Campus Bar?

Options
  • 15-09-2004 7:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Wonder which bar on campus people on here frequent/prefer?
    Maybe a poll would be good but don't know how to put one in.
    Student Club, The Forum :rolleyes: or The Sports Bar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I Could only find the sports bar yesterday, could anyone tell me how to find the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Hey AOF, where you based?
    The Old Bar is the opposite side of campus to the sports bar, past science, past the lake, past arts, - its beside the restaurant.
    The Forum, which is the "modern" looking bar is around the side of the student centre (near the sports centre).
    Old bar best, then sports bar, forum has zero character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

all the bars on campus are sheit enough, at least they were last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

it has to be the good ol' student bar if you ask me!sneaking a naggen in somewhere has never been so satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

absolutely, old bar hands down, despite the orange leather seats. can't win 'em all....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

so the old bar that RE*AC*TOR mentioned is the student bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Apparently they have been known to fit 4,000 people in the Sports Bar for a big sporting event.

Take that with as much salt as you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hungryhippo

No way they would get anything even close to 4000 in there! Capacity is a fraction of that.
    Speakin of sneakin naggins in, i'd say theres gonna be a lot of those vodka 'baggies'/sachets knockin around this year. Try orderin a round of six splash cokes on a Thursday night and keepin a straight face! :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

BIt of a fan of the sports bar myself, had so many post-TKD pints up there...
    Forum bar isn't bad, but the Bulmers is mank.
    Old bar is fun, but it's such a walk from science and the sports centre...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The old bar wins hands down. The forum still has no atmosphere even though the SU tried to 'generate' atmosphere there last year - it still seems to be just commerce heads there.

10 out of 10 for the new PA in the student bar - if only they'd connect the Jukebox up to it rather than using the crap system attached to the jukebox. And, oh, i think a ban on first year (lads [girls excepted for scoring purposes]) might be a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Have they already installed the p.a. in the student bar? dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i didn't like the old bar before they did it up and i still don't like it now, though the food is quite nice.

sports bar or the forum for me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

student bar's ok, forum's a joke (HELLO?! Atmosphere?! Are you out there?!?!)

But eh, the best is the Sports Bar. Always go there to watch football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

Student bar is the best I suppose, especially after the improvements they've made to the jukebox during the summer!

Forum bar isnt bad for food at lunchtime or a quiet pint in the evenings but studnts arent supposed to be into that whole scene now are we ;)

Sports bar is allright but all of them tend to be pretty dead most of the time anyway... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The old bar is the best. And it was even better before they did it up about 2 years ago. You could fit around 12-15 people at one of those picnic tables.

Was anyone there for the Iran VS Ireland match when we qualified for the world cup? It was one of the best days I ever had in there. The match kicked off about 12 and the place was rammed. They stop serving pints and started giving out cans instead. There was a layer of aluminium on the floor in no time. When it was over the first song the dj dropped was "Ole Ole", as soon as the first guitar riff kicked in everyone went so mental. They had to stopp serving drink all together, but everyone still was going mental, so they cut off the music, but everyone was still going mental, so they had to remove all the tables and chairs one by one and shut the entire bar for a few hours.

Oh the memories.............

UCD ex pat here, with fond memories of being barred(temporally) from the old bar for climbing on the roof...

/me always prefered that bar though the sports one was on the way home and technically the local

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

The Forum is great - it has very comfortable couches to lounge around on and pool tables if you're up for a game!

Advertisement