Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total War goes gold.

Options
  • 14-09-2004 9:14pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Anyone who has an interest game will be glad to know its gone gold. The american release date is the 22nd of this month. Europe should be just 1 week behind it. Nice to know. Looking foward to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

ive heard some flaws about it but looks like a great game nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Grab the demo Grimloch, theres a thread about it here somewhere, search for it, its a pretty good demo, looks like the campaign for this game could, yet again, be a great way to burn a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=184221
    approx €40 - I've preordered mine :)

Huge fan of Medieval, hope it improves on a winning formula!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Elephants!

The European release date afaik is set for the first of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Never played any of the total war series before but I played the Rome demo that was included in this months pc gamer and I have to say I think I'll buy this game!! (Loved the BBC series that was based on the engine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Looks like the strategic non-battle parts of the game have changed significantly since Medieval to judge by these screenies:

3d_Campaign_Map.jpg
    Heh, looks like a slight bug here (population 7544, population for next size increase 7000), but I think these are fairly old screenshots

rtw_ho_189.jpg

Hope its for the better - is my favorite part of the game in Medieval :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yay

This is probably going to be the game of the year. Im looking forward to the strategic game and seeing what changes theyve made there - previous Total War games were very limited and basic on the strategic level. We know theyve raised the bar beyond the reach of any of their rivals in-battle, hopefully theyll have done the same on the strategic level.

Advertisement