Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Contact out on DVD here yet ?

• 26-03-1999 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows if Star Trek: First Contact is availible here in DVD yet, and if so has anyone seen it.

Cheers

bubbles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oh wait i thought you meant Contact.
    which is out on DVD.
    First Contact tho.. i think next month as far as i remember on DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

How much is a DVD player??
    Like Fer under my telly??

De\/iant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

DVD player for 'under your telly' is roughly £400.00 - the cheapest I've seen was £275.99 but it was a naff one. Probably the best way to buy one is from the 'net - DVD still hasn't taken off properly in the UK/Eire yet, and the choice of machines is very restricted through high-street retailers.

I'm shocked at the total lack of DVD support in shops. They have a pathetic selection of DVD films, although I did get hold of Lethal Weapon 4 - fantastic film.

If you are looking for lots and lots of DVD films, go to: http://www.netflix.com

Its the only place I could find 2001, A Space Odyssey. And they have a lovely big list of DVD films (over 2,000 at last count I think).

As for PC based DVD equipment, what do you lot use? I have a Creative Encore (5x/32x) and am just about to purchase a DVD RAM smile.gif

--Brit--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hehe i have a projector smile.gif
    now all i need is a pc good enough to run smooth dvd's.
    damn 166.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

I use an old P200 to run DVD's - 64MB EDO RAM, and it flies along. No problems whatsoever.

Kali: what projector you got? I've looked into them, but they appear to be either horribly expensive, or have **** resolutions..

--Brit--

• Advertisement
Advertisement