Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Somone Give Me A Good Role Playing Game To Start Of With

Options
  • 18-07-2001 5:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I was wondering , i wana start playin role playing games . Will Somone Tell Me 1 That Would Work Good On a 56k Modem , And You Dont Have 2 Pay 10 A Month Like UO . Is There Any Decent 1's Out There

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well where to start, you should give the link at the top of the page a look 'so whats this board about', there are tons of MUDs about all of which can be easily played on your connection.
    Inaddition to these there are UO Player shards, such as jug-a-lug's one, these require a copy of of UO, but dont use the UO Serves and are free, but lack the numbers that I feel make the game more interestng.
    For more heavy RPG sytle you could take a look at Vampire, or hold out for dungeon siege and neverwinternights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭linkin

matt {Jug) sed he'd give me a copy , but his server aint up 24hours a day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

You need Legend of Mir it is fucking brilliant and you don't have to pay to play it like UO. Download it from www.legendofmir.net i'll show u how to play it tongue.gif

What is now was once only imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭linkin

can u play Legent of liar good on a 56k modem ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

www.runescape.com
    I haven't played in ages though.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

UO is about 100 times better than Legend of Mir! btw does anyone have a UO 2nd Age cd i can borrow to copy or buy a copy off someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Baldurs Gate2 is class,
    Played it for 2 months and i havent even seen the 4th CD tho :/
    (HUGE game)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Linkin/shane..whatevershold i call you, GET Lagend of mir NOW, farley gave me a go of his game in dnc at the lan and i played it more than CS, i was on it for 4-5 hours. It kicks a$$ as an RPG and should be better as i get more levels up, in my time playing it i have my first player on LvL6 and my second on LvL7, which is good.....so is the game so get it and install it soon.

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'd advise to try Baldur's Gate 2, or similar for an intro. What have you played? Any semi-role playing games like Diablo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AzReAl

Uos more then worth it if you have the time,Its absourbed much of my life as it is damnit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

no offence to any legend of MiR players but it sucks big time, in fact electrolux have asked what their secret to sucking is for their new line of vacuum cleaners.

ITS THAT BAD.

you guys who play legend of mir and say its great obviously have no experience with UO, its efinetly better and a much higher quality game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Good starter RPG for the PC is "DarkStone". You will find it on budget. Can be played a numbers of times due to various different in-game missions which make up the Quest towards the final goal.

Good graphics, testing puzzles and pretty good combat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Jag any game you have to pay monthly to pay just sucks.. I have better things to be spending my money on smile.gif
    BTW did you actually play LoM past.. say.. level 12? It is really boring up until then, but after it is a class game.. perhaps not a game for the impatient

What is now was once only imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Planescape: Torment is just out on budget. No multiplayer, excellent game nonetheless. Check out the Baldurs Gate series too. If its online gaming you crave...Well, I've found nothing better Than UO. Get it on Budget though...Third dawn isn't supposed to be worth it. smile.gif

Life sucks, but does it swallow?

Advertisement