Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Forum change suggestion

Options
  • 13-09-2004 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to categorise the games Forums by format and then game type rather than the current setup. I personally would find it allot easier to browse by format rather than topic.

Perhaps the game mods could look into how feasible this is.

Thanks
    V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if it aint broke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

tman wrote:
    if it aint broke...

If everyone thought like that, we'd all still be using 486 dx machines and playing solitare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you're ragging on solitaire now?
    if i was mod, you'd be so ****ing banned right now :mad:

tman wrote:
    you're ragging on solitaire now?
    if i was mod, you'd be so ****ing banned right now :mad:

Don't get me bleedin started about Solitare !!! I could go on all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Surely its already categorised by type. Check the menu, there is football management, roleplaying, racing sims etc. Games/Games is just a general catchall area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

More drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think I'm going to cry.

(On a side note: Freecell is roughly one million times better than solitaire)

Boro wrote:
    Surely its already categorised by type. Check the menu, there is football management, roleplaying, racing sims etc. Games/Games is just a general catchall area.

If you read back over my original post, you'll see that I said by FORMAT, ie: Xbox, PC , PS2 etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No.

koneko wrote:
    No.

Ah ye will, go-on , go-on , go-on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Another no here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I don't think it's necessary. A lot of people have more than one console now, and an awful lot of games these days are released on multiple consoles simultaneously.. it is much better to classify based on the genre of game rather than the hardware it runs on.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    I don't think it's necessary. A lot of people have more than one console now, and an awful lot of games these days are released on multiple consoles simultaneously.. it is much better to classify based on the genre of game rather than the hardware it runs on.

Teeth.

I second that motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's fine as it is. As a rule splitting a forum into sub categories only improves things if there is already a problem, otherwise they just cause fragmentation, mod work and people miss a lot of topics.

If Games was a lot busier perhaps the volume of PC Game related stuff could swamp everything else, but it's just not that busy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

No, and if you go post in the feedback board where this thread should be, the answer is still no.

It's complete and otter nonsense to separate games by format, it's like separating films by DVD, video, Betamax, cable TV etc.

Woot for Betamax forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Woot for Betamax forum!
    Can I be MOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It would take longer to browse if you had to check each seperate forum , I dont see what the problem is anyway ?!?! Theres only a couple of new threads each day...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Verdammt wrote:
    If you read back over my original post, you'll see that I said by FORMAT, ie: Xbox, PC , PS2 etc etc.

Eugh, no.

I have successfully managed to piss off several mods in the one tread. My work here is done !! ;)

• Advertisement

You didn't really think this through did ya?

/me pats Verdammt on the head

koneko wrote:
    You didn't really think this through did ya?

/me pats Verdammt on the head

Eh , no, not really .......

Verdammt wrote:
    Eh , no, not really .......
    Tbh Verdammt I think your the first person to suggest something like this to realise that it has been asked before and leave it be.

Most people fight until the death.

True. Most treat it like life or death.

"BUT IT'S A VALID SUGGESTION WHY ARE YOU PRICKS ALL TELLING ME NO I DEMAND A CONSOLE BOARD" (etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Most people fight until the death.
    its nice to be surprised by someone giving up the ghost so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Verdammt wrote:
    Does anyone think it might be a good idea to categorise the games Forums by format and then game type rather than the current setup. I personally would find it allot easier to browse by format rather than topic.

Thanks
    V

A Very very good idia. definatley would work out very well.

User45701 wrote:
    A Very very good idia. definatley would work out very well.
    /me sends around the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Verdammt wrote:

Thanks
    V

READ THE BLOODY CHARTER!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement