Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dcu (not really an) FAQ.

• 13-09-2004 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I just saw this on the front page and read it as DCU Fag. :eek:
    Not quite sure what to think now....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

ditto...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

^^ What they said ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Capital letters methinks!

EDIT: It won't leave them as capitals. Damn!

This is frikin wierd. Other titles have letters as captials. The Quakenet IRC one for example. One more try then I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

That's unfortunate, FAG would be much better :p

Also, on a more mature note, I'd like to put forward dregin-x for mod.

• Advertisement

Para||eL wrote:
    Also, on a more mature note, I'd like to put forward dregin-x for mod.
    Bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Go dregin-x for mod!

Do i get my blow job now or later?

No offense intended Raz, I just don't know you from Adam, while I've known dregin for a considerable length of time. :)

Do i get my blow job now or later?[/QUOTE]

After me anyway I should think...I'm sure you'll be contacted in due course

I give myself standards and look where it gets me!

• Advertisement

Raz wrote:
    I give myself standards and look where it gets me!

Blow jobs are always better then ethics for the voting population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

the board already has a mod...

And I have yet to get a blow job from either current mod or the planned leader of the coup mod.

Whats the world coming to?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Aww shucks you guys!!! :o I reckon one mod is enough for a board that hasn't really taken off at all yet tbh.

Anyone care to tell us who this upstanding, well-informed member of the DCU community is?

about 20 posts in the early hours of the morning ... I'd say it's taking off pretty nicely :)

Para||eL wrote:
    Anyone care to tell us who this upstanding, well-informed member of the DCU community is?
    Who? me?

a more active mod might be better than the current 1.

like the others already said, dregin would make a good mod.

No, our esteemed mod, who seems to be sadly absent from this forum as of yet.
    Bar his Herculean effort in the sticky of course. Nearly forgot about that there.

phreak wrote:

like the others already said, dregin would make a good mod.
    Damn it! Where are all the votes for me?? I have a great administrative history. Anyone like to take a CV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

dregin would be a great mod, he's been doing a good job with the berkeley boards for a good while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

let he who offers the most free pints, be the mod. it doesnt get any fairer than that. winters, would a pint do ye instead of a blowjob?

VinnyL wrote:
    Winters, would a pint do ye instead of a blowjob?

Probably, but it would have to be a good pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Dcu Fag Lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Maybe I should moderate all the blow job and homo-erotic fantasy out of this thread to stamp my mark seeing as my existence is being cast into doubt? ;)

Not sure it belongs in a DCU FAQ, otherwise I would have made this a sticky.
    (no pun intended)

phreak wrote:

I'm open to suggestions on what kind of content you would like moderated?

I know on a lot of other boards, the mod would instantly have deleted and banned people who even used the word 'blow job', and currently this is the only thread that I can even come close to thinking might offend people (with the obvious homophobic references). It doesn't offend me at all, and I personally don't see this kind of thing as worth deleting, but if you all want me to start deleting stuff like it, and be a more 'active mod' by stamping down all over the place, please let me know.

I did say in my first posting (the sticky at the top) that I am completely open to suggestions from you guys about how you would like your own board to be run, and so far I haven't seen anything in there apart from one question about my own credentials (which is fair enough).

The only thing I can imagine a very active mod doing is banning people and editing/deleting posts, which doesn't go down well, or making threads sticky at the top or merging, which given the current size of this board is pretty redundant for now.

Cheers.
    J.

spockety wrote:
    I'm open to suggestions on what kind of content you would like moderated?

I know on a lot of other boards, the mod would instantly have deleted and banned people who even used the word 'blow job', and currently this is the only thread that I can even come close to thinking might offend people (with the obvious homophobic references). It doesn't offend me at all, and I personally don't see this kind of thing as worth deleting, but if you all want me to start deleting stuff like it, and be a more 'active mod' by stamping down all over the place, please let me know.

I did say in my first posting (the sticky at the top) that I am completely open to suggestions from you guys about how you would like your own board to be run, and so far I haven't seen anything in there apart from one question about my own credentials (which is fair enough).

The only thing I can imagine a very active mod doing is banning people and editing/deleting posts, which doesn't go down well, or making threads sticky at the top or merging, which given the current size of this board is pretty redundant for now.

Cheers.
    J.
    touché.

I took active to mean more of a presence generaly i.e. reply posts and the likes. Just to be seen to be here really.

Raz wrote:
    I took active to mean more of a presence generaly i.e. reply posts and the likes. Just to be seen to be here really.
    that was what i mean't yes.

• Advertisement

I am here, but I have to admit to having a life beyond boards.ie

I understand that some of you may find that hard to understand, or possibly deal with. ;)

This ain't no democracy, and I won't have my boards posting habits dictated to by a bunch of scrummy students. :P

Besides, it's quality, not quantity. I believe that in time you will discover my rare posts to be akin to rare gems. In the meantime, you don't need a daddy figure around, and if you do, you're already screwed in many other ways.

Now, off to bed, and no supper for you.

Is that scrummy as in"Yummy Scrummy"? I have a life too, just not a very exciting one :rolleyes: I'll be looking forward to the gem-like quality of your posts :D

Advertisement