Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the great fable hype thread

Options
  • 13-09-2004 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

alright, since this game is coming out tommorow (in america apparently, not sure about europe) its time to write down all the hype this game received. ill start first. (use large bold font for hype quotes)

Right, in the game Fable your character can get a tan if he spends loads of time in the sun!!!

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

OMFG in fable you can get married and have censored sex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Any idea if it'll be released on PC in europe before christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

no plans for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Its october 8th here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

shabbyroad wrote:
    no plans for PC
    Gah, ****ers. Sh!t box only sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

omfg You Can Have A Gay Marriage!!! This Is Beyond Rational Belief>!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Right, in the game Fable, you can go into a forest and bench heavy tree branches to build up muscles!!1

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

IN TEH GHAEM, if you get hit you scar!!! AND TEH SKARS AGE WIT J00!! AHAHAH!!1!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

PETER MOLYNEUX MAY BE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Authors of any more off topic posts will be banned!

Off topic includes replying to this post, or replying to any other off topic post(s).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

TEH PPL IN TEH GAME COPY J00R HAIRSYLE IF J00 IS GOODGUY!!!
    Actually they took this feature out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

wow - I actually knew v.little about fable but this sounds great.... Pitty I dont have an x box though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Erm... excuse my ignorance but what is fable? whats it about? and the like. Ive never heard of it before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Tails wrote:
    Erm... excuse my ignorance but what is fable? whats it about? and the like. Ive never heard of it before!
    Its an xbox rpg that has been hyped for a number of years now. Its big thing was 'meant' to be a VERY free roaming game world, and also a 'morality' scale (for want of a better word) where your actions affected whether your were seen as good or evil. (Think the star wars Jedi games for example, but taken to the nth degree.)

Its by Peter '2nd Coming' Moleneux. Who was responsible for every good Bullfrog game (Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Magic Carpet* etc) and more Recently Black and White on the PC.

Rumours/reviews suggest its pretty good but somewhat less than what was hyped.

*Not entirely sure all those games were his, but think they were all Bullfrog games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yep, Dungeon Keeper, Populous and magic Carpet were all his, I believe.

It's interesting that arguably his best games are the simplest ones. Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital were genre leaders, and still great to play to this day. I'd kill for a sequel to either, but instead he tries to create the most ambitious games in the world, and fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Tis a sham most the features mentioned above were taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yep, Dungeon Keeper, Populous and magic Carpet were all his, I believe.

It's interesting that arguably his best games are the simplest ones. Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital were genre leaders, and still great to play to this day. I'd kill for a sequel to either, but instead he tries to create the most ambitious games in the world, and fails.

Id have to agree with you - bought Black and white expecting great things - took me about 3 hours to complete the first level and once the novelty of beating my creature/villagers and making the creature shíte everywhere I never went back to it.

Advertisement