Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do such Idiots get Job's?

Options
  • 13-09-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I’ve just had to deal with one of the most stupid people it has ever been my misfortune to have to interact with and now have to vent my frustration before I end up putting a fist through a wall.

I am always amazed at the stupidity of some people. I don’t mean people who occasionally do the odd dumb thing (we all do that from time to time) but the people who every time you have to deal with them appear to be completely incompetent and can’t understand the simplest thinks. How do these people keep there jobs? :eek:

The dim-witted simpleton I had to deal with works in a university accommodation services department in London dealing with the students applying for accommodation in the universities various halls of residence. :mad:

The first time I had the misfortune to deal with him was when I went over to see the university last month. After I had seen the course and university and spoken to some of my lectures I didn’t have the time to go and see all the halls of residence so I went in to the accommodation services office to get some advice and find out a bit more on the halls then the tiny description given in the guide to halls which I had downloaded off the internet.
    The first thing I found out from him was that they had lost my application form for the accommodation which I had faxed over to them a week beforehand, dumbo informed me that it was okay that I could fill out another application form there and then and that it would be fine. However he did not inform me that this new application was now considered late and that I would not now receive the automatic guarantee of a place granted to all foreign students in the first year of study at the university (I found this out later when after a week or two I had not received a letter of conformation of a place in halls). I then tried in vane to find out some information about the halls such as which was the closest to the building I would be studying at and what kind of area are they in ( I had a very bad experience in a previous university where the hall I ended up in was located in one of the top ten worst areas of England (I’m not just saying this my self It was rated as such by one of the broadsheet papers at the time and most of the Alkiada terrorists who were arrested in England lived in this area). He told me all the information was in the guide to halls. I told him that no it wasn’t that I had the guide already ,he just sat there and stared at me with his mouth slightly open and a confused look on his face, after about a minute he asked is there anything else he could help me with so I just left. :rolleyes:

A series of phone calls later to this inept pea brained result of inbreeding between the village idiot and an unintelligent donkey and I’m no closer to having a place to live secure. I can’t believe how cretins like this are given responsibility for housing people the simplest of conversations with this “man”. I leave for London this weekend! I’m fortunate enough to have friends in the London area so I’m now going to stay with them until I can find other accommodation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What college is this? I'm going to college in London too, and I'm staying in the dorms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Blisterman wrote:
    What college is this? I'm going to college in London too, and I'm staying in the dorms.

London Metropolitan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I'm sorry but i've just got to say the obvious. Go smack the idiot and you'll feel so much better for at least a few minutes.

Probably bad advice, but some people just need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Doc wrote:
    London Metropolitan
    I'm not going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

now have to vent my frustration before I end up putting a fist through a wall
    .............pot...............kettle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

In response to the topic title....they probably go to London Metropolitan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

That's full employment for you! If he was bright he'd have a better job.

But it's not just there in the UK, when I look at some of the puddings who get good jobs here, notably but not exclusively in the public sector, I feel like Frank Grimes in the Simpsons, when he says to Homer: "In any other country you would have starved to death!" :D

Also reminds of a sketch in comedy God Chris Morris's Jam about an agency which hires stupid people out to people who want to use them to win arguments for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

.............pot...............kettle!

Are you saying that buy venting my frustration Im being dumb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

He was probably stoned,,, he didnt have a dose of pink eye by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Stupid people seem to be much more able/willing to lie on their cvs and also seem to have the most "contacts". God wasn't adversed to a few sick jokes when he created his system of the world.

You should have seen the number of dumb students in my class who "embelished" their grades and got away with it when sending in their CVs for work placements.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Ban an ti

I just applied to for a job on nixers as a home based sex line operator, yes, I going to be racking in the cash shortly. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ban an ti wrote:
    I just applied to for a job on nixers as a home based sex line operator, yes, I going to be racking in the cash shortly. :cool:
    While I confess to being intruiged and curious by what you said in your post I don't see the actual relevance of it to this thread.....

Advertisement