Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard in a Chinese restaurant

Options
  • 12-09-2004 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Was in a rather spiffing Chinese restaurant the other day, the PF Changs chain here in the good old US of A.

They make up a dipping sauce for you at the table with mustard, chilli paste and soy sauce. The wontons and the sping rolls never tasted nicer. Damn nice and a very interesting combination.

If the mods feel this should be in the Soy sauce or Chilli paste forums, please move it. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

tom dunne wrote:

If the mods feel this should be in the Soy sauce or Chilli paste forums, please move it. :D

Or maybe we should just demand a new forum for the discussion of ethnic condiments !!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

tom dunne wrote:
    They make up a dipping sauce for you at the table with mustard, chilli paste and soy sauce. The wontons and the sping rolls never tasted nicer. Damn nice and a very interesting combination

mmmmm
    interesting combo indeedie
    will have to try this one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Penfolds wrote:
    Or maybe we should just demand a new forum for the discussion of ethnic condiments !!!!!

NEIN! Mustard uber alles!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

definitely an interesting combo alright... :)

Any idea what type of mustard they were using? Enslish, Dijon or what??

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Any idea what type of mustard they were using? Enslish, Dijon or what??

I have no idea, but I'll be back there in a week or so, I'll find out then.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Was in another place on Sunday and they too had a mustard based sauce for Thai lettuce wraps, I initially thought it was a penut/satay type sauce, so I heaped it on.

They made me cry. No, literally. Whatever concoction of mustard sauce they made, you could feel it up the back of your nose. Seriously. I have never in my life encountered anything as, well, uplifting. The tears were stream down my face, I had to wipe my nose on several occasions, such was the effect of this mustard concoction.

I had three lettuce wraps with the sauce, they were divine!

• Advertisement
Advertisement