Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangers. Not Sausages. The firework type..

Options
  • 12-09-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭

So 11:00 last night, Im sittin in my house, peacefully babysittin the little bro and sis, when all of a sudden i hear a loud bang, followed by a strange whooping noise. Turns out the little scumbags who've decided to habitat the green over the summer have got their hands on some bangers(black cats etc.) and screamers...

Now im not adverse to a little festivity and fireworks around the Halloween time, but these little d*ckheads were doing it to piss ppl off. My lil bro tryin to sleep and i've these little f**ckers blowing bangers every 30 seconds and screaming as loud as they can. Only 1 or 2 is from this estate which is another thing that piss's me off, they should know its a newish estate, that young kids are trying to sleep, and god only knows where they've adopted them skanger accents from.

I honestly felt like going out there and shouting the head off them. I put on my runners and sat in my sitting room, just praying that a banger would be chucked near my house so i could use physical violence.

Fireworks are great craic, nice and colourful.
    Bangers are great craic as a kid(these lads bout 16/17) but at this time of night in an area which has young kids sleeping?

Wish they'd just leave the f**king things to one they are meant to be used and stop pissing ppl off.

brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The reason they're setting them off is to annoy people. The more babies, young kids and dogs/cats they can harass with them the better. It's only going to get worse from not till Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah tis the Autumn already! Sadly the sound of juvenile delinquents with explosives will be heard every night for the next 8-10 weeks. :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I doubt they were using them to purposely annoy people. If they were you'd know all about it because they'd be throwing them at houses. They were probably all drinking or something and just being assholes by using them at night. As opposed to going out specifically to wake up kids. You should have just rang the guards who would have come and chased them away for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

they just do it it cause they're thick, if they knew it annoyed you they would throw it at your house.

Example I was walking down the fruit market when some juveniles of the species started throwing grapes in my direction, (it was kinda funny cause they couldn't hit me at all!) so I threw one back and hit one right in the head, he was gobsmacked, and his throwing got even worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah they're madz0rs, you should have gone out and told them they were bleedin madz0rs and that you want to be in their gang.
    You can be sure that if all that shít was legal over here and sold on the highstreet these scummy little turds would quickly get bored of them.
    People used to just save their fireworks for halloween night, now it's not even about that .
    Tbh I don't even know why they sell bangers, they're shít anyway... yeah the odd one or two to tie an action man figure to or stick inside an apple is good for a laugh, but as a firework they're the most boring of all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

you could always put them in poo too.

I don't think that people would be bored of them if they were legalised, due to the fact that they're explosives, and kids don't get bored of explosives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Bangers are great fun. As long as you use them destructively. (in ****, in bottles, thrown unexpectedly at mates etc.)

As for them being on your green, and setting them off, just ring the gardai and get them moved on. Do it a few times and it will no longer be a place to hang out for them. (mind you if they arent bothering anyone leave them alone, we've all been there)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

fluffer wrote:
    Bangers are great fun. As long as you use them destructively. (in ****, in bottles, thrown unexpectedly at mates etc.)

Your madz0r. Can I be in your gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,939 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wouldn't you just love to find a few fingers lying around in the green the next morning :D

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Your madz0r. Can I be in your gang?

I hate the way you are trying to take some sort of high ground on this. Bangers are fun. Because people are being inconvenienced by others they are too scared to confront about it they assume the offensive on an anonymous discussion forum.

Read my original post. I dont condone their use at 11pm. Except once a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Fireworks are illegal unless they're being used by licensed professionals. The only reason they come into the country is that the RUC doesn't prevent them from being brought across the border, and the Guards seem to be just as bad.

They may be fun for the brain-dead finks (look it up) who use them, but they scare every dog in the country half to death and make life a misery for the old.

But I'm wasting my breath. The kind of people who set them off are like the kind of people who smoke - "it's my right", and to hell with anyone else.

Aw come on! Have a listen on halloween night. Tell me that most of the entire country is not having a good time with a fireworks display.
    The only reason they come into the country is that the RUC doesn't prevent them from being brought across the border, and the Guards seem to be just as bad.

The reason they are in this country is beause there is a demand for them. The law outlawing them has nothing to do with safety, at least originally. A little group or two up north and in border areas put an end to their availability.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Mear wrote:
    So 11:00 last night, Im sittin in my house, peacefully babysittin the little bro and sis, when all of a sudden i hear a loud bang, followed by a strange whooping noise. Turns out the little scumbags who've decided to habitat the green over the summer have got their hands on some bangers(black cats etc.) and screamers...

Now im not adverse to a little festivity and fireworks around the Halloween time, but these little d*ckheads were doing it to piss ppl off. My lil bro tryin to sleep and i've these little f**ckers blowing bangers every 30 seconds and screaming as loud as they can. Only 1 or 2 is from this estate which is another thing that piss's me off, they should know its a newish estate, that young kids are trying to sleep, and god only knows where they've adopted them skanger accents from.

I honestly felt like going out there and shouting the head off them. I put on my runners and sat in my sitting room, just praying that a banger would be chucked near my house so i could use physical violence.

Fireworks are great craic, nice and colourful.
    Bangers are great craic as a kid(these lads bout 16/17) but at this time of night in an area which has young kids sleeping?

Wish they'd just leave the f**king things to one they are meant to be used and stop pissing ppl off.

brian

Oh, so it's not ok for scum bags to create banging nose in a small area, but some how it is ok others to do it in an area over a large town. Right, that’s nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

fluffer wrote:
    The law outlawing them has nothing to do with safety, at least originally. A little group or two up north and in border areas put an end to their availability.

That is a load of rubbish, the law outlawing them was a reaction to the accidental deaths of a few people in Dublin a good few years back. When people used to use kerosene lamps in their houses every shop had a drum of kerosene inside the door for punters to fill their lamps, some kids in the 50's (I think, my da told me this) threw bangers in a shop door and they blew the kerosene drum killing a few people and that was originally lead to the ban. I can get details if you want, but would have to ask the old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

monument wrote:
    Oh, so it's not ok for scum bags to create banging nose in a small area, but some how it is ok others to do it in an area over a large town. Right, that’s nice.

can u make ur point a little clearer there ...

That is a load of rubbish, the law outlawing them was a reaction to the accidental deaths of a few people in Dublin a good few years back.

Not arguing against you here, but I would like to know the full story as you know it. I was always told that it was a precaution against explosives trafficking in NI.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Mear wrote:
    can u make ur point a little clearer there ...
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well they should legalize them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

We used to throw them into an empty paint can, bang the lid back on as fast as possible, aim and fire! Twas great fun. Also, mini rockets in steel tubes up your sleeve, pull tube out half-way, light fuse and hey presto, a mini RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Really annoying last year when I was in school. Guys used to let them off in the assembly hall which was filled with approx 150 ppl eating lunch. Also set fire to number of bins in the school. Oh yes.....sounds like fun?!? Jst dont get it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

My sister had to get her dog put down a couple of years ago. The dog went deranged after 8 weeks of bangers & fireworks going off for 3-4 hours, every night for 6-8 weeks. Poor animal was terrified out of his wits, and never recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

fluffer wrote:
    Not arguing against you here, but I would like to know the full story as you know it. I was always told that it was a precaution against explosives trafficking in NI.

Will ask the old man the details this weekend, will let you know when I have checked it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Blisterman wrote:
    Well they should legalize them now.

Before you decide, go down to the outpatients in the hospitals on call around Hallowe'en and ask the medics there about the injuries they've treated. Talk to vets who put animals on sedatives. Talk to old people who are frightened.

And no, the whole country isn't having a great time on Hallowe'en. Most of the country is muttering: "Selfish little ****ers!"

I like fireworks shows, done professionally. But when every kid in the neighbourhood is sending up whizz-bangs every five minutes for weeks, that's not entertaining, it's irritating, and it's dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

fluffer wrote:

I'm quite positive I've never heard anything more stupid in my life. Throwing them at your mates? Well done there. You're fantastically clever. Why not also insert them up cats ásses? Fun... no?

Advertisement