Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Flight Simulator

Options
  • 10-09-2004 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Yo,

I'm playing Flight Simulator 2002 and I just want to know what joysticks ye are using that ye think are good.

kevster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

I just bought a Saitek X-45 for FS2004/X-Plane/LO:MAC

X-45

For the price €115 approx, I feel there's no better setup for flight sims, the programming software can mimic any keypress and keeps everything hands on.

I have been using a Thrustmaster Afterburner 2 (non force feedback) for the last few years and it served me well, it's around €50-60 and I would consider it a good budget stick

Afterburner II

I would like to try out the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar, but the €350 price tag would worry me, I couldn't possibly indulge myself that much, could I???

HOTAS

All in all it really depends how serious you are about your flight sim experience, feck it, if you win the lotto this weekend, just go and buy yourself a plane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Yeh I wouldn't mind stepping out my back garden to see my big Boeing 747-400 there....although I don't think any lotto could cover the cost!

Thanks for the joystick models though - I didn't think they were that much. The joypads (I have two) are much cheaper. Using the directional keys is pretty crap for the flight sim though. I downloaded a model for the Antonov 225 and the concorde but no matter how hard I try the Antonov just falls flat and I can't get past 16,000 feet in the Concorde! I need more practice.

Advertisement