Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend's Rugby [10th/11th/12th]

Options
  • 10-09-2004 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i'm going to that munster match tonight. Should be fun :)

i hope the weather cleans up a bit though. Its lashing rain outside now

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Being a leinster fan....i was happy we won last night but i'm still worried that Ulster couldn't beat our second stringers. In reality Ulster should have been looking to get a win and a bonus point out of this fixture....at home versus a team minus 10 players who have an outhalf who is still finding his feet at this level (if he ever will :rolleyes:).....maybe it will provide the right motivation and can be seen as a kick up the backside for ulster rugby!

p

daveirl wrote:

Should be a good one alright and unfortunately (for me) i can see Munster winning....lot of experienced players like holland and Cullen....then again i did expect to get absolutely hockeyed by ulster.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Little early to be knocking McAllister don't you think, only just signed on a development contract. Played very well for 'nure at schools level and doing the business with clontarf this past while. Was at the game last week and he did ok off the back of a creaking scrum. Of course Eoghan Hickey back playing for UCD yesterday after a long lay off where he played very well, as well. Some decent outhalves coming up, but I digress.

• Advertisement

uberwolf wrote:
    Little early to be knocking McAllister don't you think, only just signed on a development contract. Played very well for 'nure at schools level and doing the business with clontarf this past while. Was at the game last week and he did ok off the back of a creaking scrum. Of course Eoghan Hickey back playing for UCD yesterday after a long lay off where he played very well, as well. Some decent outhalves coming up, but I digress.

You are quite right...perhaps i'm being unfair.

He has had to deal with some amount of **** ball from a creaking pack (and an even worse passing scrumhalf...i just feel that he doesn't look like he will be capable of stepping up to the next level. Perhaps i'm just pining for Andy dunne :D

daveirl wrote:

You obviously rate Leamy as highly as i rate Shane Jennings!!!? :D:D
    But you're right...i think there are some quality backrowers coming thru in ireland: Jennings, McMillan, Dillon, Leamy, keogh....i could go on!!!!

Can't wait for Sat (I'm a season ticket holder)....favourite matches of the season...what i'd give for a full strength match between munster and Leinster!! We really need it to decide bragging rights!!!

Favourite game of all time is the Celtic cup final when miller got himself sent off....

p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ulster V Leinster
    Excellent result so happy to see Ulster clean sheet hammered like that especially by Leinster, What a difference a coach makes (Cork man cough cough ) but good performanceby Leinster.

Munster V Connacht
    Dunno what to say Munster looked well in control at times and then all over the place in patches of the game.Only really good point of the match was Denis Leamy - Man mountain . Cant wait to see the full squad. Will Leamy get his game when Quinlan and Wallace returns???? Hope so hes been outstanding so far.

Will Williams as well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Hasn't been mentioned here so far but I have to say I thought Connacht had the best of that match. Their mauls and scrums were excellent. I know it was the second string Munster pack but is there really that vast a gulf between the two strings? If not, should we not be looking very closely at some of the Connacht players for the national team (if only to give the other Irish teams a chance in the post-pre-season phase that seems to have been mandated)?

Connacht had a great game and im a munster man and i knew they were robbed but in saying that Munster exposed them a few times and the first string really would have torn them apart if they were on.Munsters line-out and scrum were SH*T and they still drew so imagine what a full 8 international pack would do even if they were playing a bad game.

Connacht has some class players though,there two wingers impressed big time.Would love to see them win something this year. It would be class to see them in the HC ;)

daveirl wrote:
    yeah it was alot of fun. I always enjoy watching rugby matches.I had 2 trips out to musgrave park that they. I went to see Sundays Well play Waterpark and beat them in the last few mins after one of the waterpark guys dived over the top to give a away a really stupid penatly which put the Well 2 points clear and they won! They played fairly poorly though tbh. They seriously need to do something about there forwards! and i really don't know why they weren't using the wind in the second half?? they used it like once or twice! whats the story? Was anybody else at that match?

Anyway...back to the munster match, it was great and it even managed to stay dry for the whole thing which was nice. Cullen had some brilliant runs, i can only see great things from him in the future. He's really starting to come into his own now. He even got in under the post for a try too :)! Munster should have been out the gate and away off winning this match. That really soft try they let in when Flannery threw a really crappy pass and let one the Connacht guy have a free run in. That new aussie guy seemed good enough and i was happy to see that Pusey wasn't there. I think he is well ****. In all the matchs he played last year he was dire! Leamy was brilliant too, he got 2 tries in the end didn;t he? Re: the gulf i think there is a big gap and munster would have ran all over them if it was the full squad (as they have done before), but that said i though those 2 wingers were fairly handy alright.

Theres an under 21's match this saturday isn't there. The inter prov's final. Munster v Ulster iisn't it? I'm going to go to that too.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:
    those photos were pretty cool. Nice one. U can almost see me in this pic. I was to near the stairs up into the stand just to the right of the guy with the luminous vest on.

ps i ment to ask. Do u have to pay for Setanta tv or is it free? if so what channel is it(sky digital here)

Setanta aint free (cr*p)but they do have freeview matches eg
    Munster V Connacht ,handy thing is all CL home matches are in Musgrave and the away matches are usually on BBC Wales or BBC Scotland so Cork people are covered. And thanx to d lads for pointing this out to me a few weeks back :p

Try this link for the Sky codes for Setanta and BBC Wales.....Link

Nukem wrote:
    Setanta aint free (cr*p)but they do have freeview matches eg
    Munster V Connacht ,handy thing is all CL home matches are in Musgrave and the away matches are usually on BBC Wales or BBC Scotland so Cork people are covered. And thanx to d lads for pointing this out to me a few weeks back :p

Try this link for the Sky codes for Setanta and BBC Wales.....Link
    I didn;t know that now, thats all the home matches r on in Musgrave park. Thats cool so, i'll be going to all of them so :)

Yeah i pretty much knew that setanta wasn't free, i was just making sure. Good ole bbc wales hah. Always were good for the ol' matchs. I'll miss hearing the commentary in Irish though, now that its not on TG4 anymore

yeah i saw that awhile ago when i checked the munsterrugby.ie site. The matches in thomond r normally on a saturday anyway

Advertisement