Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heres one that slipped under the radar: Locomotion

Options
  • 09-09-2004 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Fans of Transport Tycoon rejoyce, a sequel has been bred.

Thats right, tens years after the original Transport Tycoon has come back to us. Using essentially the same engine Sawyer used in the equally classic Rollercoaster Tycoon of just a few short years back, this version looks set to bring the game to a whole new audience while keeping original fans happy.

Screenshot | Yet Another Screenshot

And when is this game being released, you ask? Friday, I say. Thats right, September 10th. I'm ordering my copy as soon as I get paid this week...

EDIT: Forgot to post links to the demo...
    Without music (29MB)
    With Music (124MB)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are you sure that is'nt RCT?? ;)

Looks great though. Thanks for the heads up :)
    Chris Sawyer's Locomotion challenges you to build and operate a money-making transport network by linking passengers and cargo to their destinations. Put together a profitable company by constructing transportation routes between growing cities and their industries. Race against other companies to make the most lucrative connections and rake in the cash. Or just sit back and enjoy the detailed world in action as you build and play with moving vehicles such as trains, buses, ships, and aircraft. Construct a variety of vehicles: trains, buses, trams, trucks, aircraft and ships. Discover time periods from 1900 to 2000, with appropriate vehicle types, buildings, industries, and background music. Connect roads and tracks with an easy-to-use interface familiar to any "RollerCoaster Tycoon" fan. Compete against up to 14 other simulated transport companies. Challenge a friend with head-to-head multiplayer. Build your transportation empire in three different areas of the world – North American, British, and Alpine. Delve into over 40 pre-designed scenarios, or randomly generate your own unique scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

play.com sent my copy out 4 days ago :) the demo isnt great only 10 mins game play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Added to original post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Chris is working hard. This and RCT 3 ;) Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

This didnt slip under my radar, Started playing it last night, its fantastic, the new control system is weird compared to original TT! Anyone want a multiplayer game of this? Give me a shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Do they play Kylie in the background aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

koneko wrote:
    If they do it will put me off this game. I can't stand her :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

koneko wrote:

Nope they dont, its all official TT type music, classical and so forth, just as classy as the first one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

my copy hasnt arrived yet cruse you play.com :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Why could you have not let this slip under my radar? I’ve been playing TTDLX far too much lately! I want to get a life sometime in the next decade. You’re all banned.

Downloading the demo now, will order tonight off play.

Chris Sawyer – you have ruined my life.

Just in case – I’m joking about the bannings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Eh, that was a joke (about Kylie) in case anyone was wondering :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

koneko wrote:
    Ha, I started humming it when I read the thread title.

This looks interesting - my kind of game (especially with a slow PC that I'm still happy with)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Oh man SO many memories come back when I looked at that screen shot!

I used to play that game with my dad ALL the time, that C&C and Desert strike!

Think I may have to pick this one up!

Advertisement