Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games up for grabs (D-Day & Chaos League)

Options
  • 09-09-2004 6:45pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so, I normally don’t do this, but we’ve had dismal entrees into our latest competitions…

To enter the competitions – even the two at the same time - just email cian.ginty@gamestoaster.com with your name. Winners will be picked at random, the top prizes will go to the best reasons why you want them - if you win, I’ll contact you.

Competition #1: D-Day: For the first winner we have a copy of the game, a set of remote control tanks (toy-type tanks!), and D-Day branded (hip) flask, and for TWO runners-up we have the game.

Competition #2: Chaos League: For the first winner we have a copy of the game, and a Chaos League branded American football, and for ONE runner-up we have a copy of the game.

For the rules, visit… http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=608

[If the other mods, or the admins, feel this is out of order, feel free to delete this thread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Id enter the Chaos League one only I already have 2 copies here, excellent game altogether really.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Yes, indeed.

Any other takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I entered.

That means i win right?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I sent one email, with just my name, does that count me in for both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

monument wrote:
    Any other takers?

i'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Yeah i've entered too.

Interesting site - could have a lot of potential. Just a couple of unasked for points though :)

Perhaps you should stop trying to be all things to all gamers and concentrate on what makes you unique i.e. you're not going to beat gamefaqs for cheats or hints or fileplanet etc for downloads so why bother to try?

I think more news stories on the Irish gaming scene or articles with specific Irish themes like where to find bargain purchases outside Game of something could be interesting and help to build readership.

I sent one email, with just my name, does that count me in for both?

Yeah. That's fine.
    KdjaC wrote:
    I entered.

That means i win right?

Not really - unless you gave a good reason - there are now more people then prizes.

I gave 3 reasons all very good imo :)

Also i need a job , can i have one please , i can do stuff.

kdjac

kencleary wrote:
    Yeah i've entered too.

Interesting site - could have a lot of potential. Just a couple of unasked for points though :)

Perhaps you should stop trying to be all things to all gamers and concentrate on what makes you unique i.e. you're not going to beat gamefaqs for cheats or hints or fileplanet etc for downloads so why bother to try?

I think more news stories on the Irish gaming scene or articles with specific Irish themes like where to find bargain purchases outside Game of something could be interesting and help to build readership.

We kind of ignore our files (which is just a load of desktop wallpaper), hints & cheats, charts, release etc sections, and concentrate on news and reviews – we hope our readers do the same.

That’s not to say if we were creating a new site tomorrow we’d just throw them all out - they would be probably hidden in the shadows, with news, comment, and reviews up top.

On the news side of things we try to cover Ireland-related events as well as some international events with an Irish perspective, as such.

We (I) can be a bit relaxed about it, but with a dead-end, error-ridden, unfinished site, which I don’t even own, it can be easy to get pissed off so a balance is needed. We are however trying to cover more of what you said – a very recent idea for an on how the problem with broadband is effecting gamers in Ireland, comes to mind. Our current GameCon 4 article also does. (now, there's the shameless plug!)

At the moment we would say read our site once a week/two weeks/a month, go off and read http://www.topix.net/videogame/ or http://www.spong.com/ or http://www.eurogamer.net/ or the Guardian’s http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/ (etc) daily or weekly.
    KdjaC wrote:
    I gave 3 reasons all very good imo :)

Also i need a job , can i have one please , i can do stuff.

Is that an offer? I'd love a game-o-journalism job! ATM I'm really just doing it for a love of games, and journalism.

• Advertisement

monument wrote:

Is that an offer? I'd love a game-o-journalism job! ATM I'm really just doing it for a love of games, and journalism.

Yah i left Fpscentral as it was heading towards a paying journo job and buying out sites left right and centre, i was doing it cos i was interested in games etc: long term maybe be paid but for now it was fun, they did not see it that way.
    So can i have a job please.

/read kdjac couldnt hack the insane amount of work req for the journo position. They wanted people to be free(for now) but expected the work of a full time journo.

kdjac

kencleary wrote:

And another thing, on the cheats thing alone, I couldn’t turn my back on the one or two cheats that probably aren’t still there from my original site’s humble start way back in 97 or 8 - oh, those were the days, about 20 cheats on Telecom Éireann’s (Tinet.ie) subscriber's web space, a website I hope no one ever seen.

Advertisement