Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Flush... Need More Power!!!

Options
  • 09-09-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Im finding that our toilet flush doesn't have enought power to do its job with just one flush. 2 flushes are usually required.

The flush doesn't really have a lot of force/power.

Is there any way of getting more flush power? Anything that could be adjusted?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Sounds like it's ######!
    You need to get yourself a replacement for your siphon.
    039235.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

thanks for that... ill check that out to see if it sorts the problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

If you need to crank the flush lever more than once, the plastic flap-valve inside the siphon unit should be replaced.

Step 1: Shut off the water supply and flush the toilet to empty the cistern.

Step 2: Disconnect the metal link that connects the lever to the flushing mechanism.

Step 3: Unscrew the connector that holds the flush pipe to the base of the cistern, and move the pipe to one side.

Step 4: Just above the connector is a nut that clamps the siphon to the cistern. Unscrew this retaining nut, and lift the siphon unit out of the cistern.

Step 5: You will find the flap valve resting on a perforated plate inside the siphon unit. Replace the flap valve and reconnect the siphon and the flush pipe. Reattach the flush lever.

A three-part siphon unit can be serviced without removing the flush pipe - dismantle this type of unit from inside the cistern.

Step 6: The metal link that connects the flushing lever to the flushing mechanism may break due to wear. Tie the lever to the mechanism with wire until you can buy a replacement.

from here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider getting a new low-flush toilet, uses less water. Or raising the cistern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I always thought this was only an issue with downstairs toilets. My sister has this problem in her bungalow and I have similar issue with my downstairs loo. I have no problems with te upstairs one so I always put it down to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

We have that problem with our onsuite. Despite lots of fiddling with the flap-valve it still has the problem.

Advertisement