Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a front wall...couple of questions

Options
  • 09-09-2004 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Myself & my next door neighbour are thinking about building a front boundary wall in front of both our houses and between the 2 gardens. We are the 2 houses in the semi detach attached together.
    Both houses were built in phase 2 of the estate and none of the houses in phase 1 & 2 have walls at the front.
    However, all houses in phases 3, 4 & 5 have them.
    It’s not going to be a big wall, just 2 blocks high, with a brick capping and they will be finished to the same as the walls in the other phases so as to keep with the rest of the estate.
    Do I need planning permission to get this done?

If we can go ahead, we would probably plan to rope in a few friends and do it ourselves over the weekend.
    Does anybody have any idea of the types of mixes I need for mortar between the blocks/bricks, for the foundation of the wall. The front face of the wall needs first to be rendered to cover the blocks and then has pebble dash so I believe the cement mix to take the pebble dash is different to that of the in between block mix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

Advertisement