Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 scentence each....

Options
  • 08-09-2004 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

I thought about this earlier and I was thinking that I start a story, with just the one scentence, and someone else could reply with the next scentence, and then another person could reply another scentence, and so forth....

So, I'll start off the story in just a sec.

NOTE: Let other people have a chance, and DON'T Reply twice in a row!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

The man at the counter said '€1 for that', and Yannis handed it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

It was a hard earned coin, the weight of its influence was passed along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

As she watched Yannis say thank you, Audrey decided she couldn't keep her suspicions to herself any longer that he had been infected; the strange nature of his purchase was the final straw.

"What are you buying" Asked audrey, who was eyeing his clasped hands suspiciously!

He knew she'd seen what he'd bought, she was just being a nosy bitch like usual and he was in no mood for it as he could feel the burning sensation returning in the pit of his stomach.

• Advertisement

" I thought you were at home!" Yannis responded, as Audrey suddenly looked embarrassed!

Both Audrey and Yannis felt the familiar feeling of light headedness as a broadcast wave to their interfaces activated the local control node, causing their brain power to momentarily be applied to a grid ruling in a murder trial; Audrey silently screamed, the implications of yannis's infection spreading beyond the local node would be disasterous.

"Audrey, don't panic: I'm gonna try and shut down our system, but we'll have to waitfor our owner to get back to reboot us, otherwise what could potentially happen would be disatourous to the P2P network!" Yannis informed Audrey

"But Yannis what big teeth you have" said Audrey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carpocrates

Yannis at that minute found herself taken completely by the sudden curiosity as to whether her eyes and brain had grown along with her skull and if all the seprate elements in the body grow at precisely the same rate, are there not, for example, people with whom one eye would grow at one certain rate and the other limping along in it's wake, thus distorting the vision to the degree of bumping into walls and door frames, or butting heads with people in queues, not to mention the development of the tastebuds, thus setting her apart in taste from all peers, ruling her out of any culinary positions, and, allowing for the differences she assumed must, must occur in the development of everyone's organs the empirical world they all experienced was so completely different, thus leaving her feeling incredibly alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

And then all of a suden, the smell of freshly ground coffee wafted towards her nostrils as she took a deep breath. Everything she had known started to slip away and a new reality was taking over, crushing her new found spirit. It was at this precise moment, not a second sooner, that she realised, as the tears welled up in her eyes, that it had all been a dream. She took the needle left over from last night, clamped the tourniquet tight, and pumped herself full of heroin, enough to know she would never wake up again. And then Ralph wept for the falling through the air, and the loss of his dear, true friend Piggy.

She couldn't tell if it was just the heroin or if she'd suddenly had a revelation but it seemed to her that all this was part of some sort of terrible story concocted by strangers; as though her thoughts and feelings were just a bucket and spade in the playground of some peoples minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

she was in a bedroom of some sort, the walls were a shambles, it seemed as if the wallpaper was only added to prevent the damp plaster from falling off. She sat in the lotus position upon a recently soiled matress.

Her heart pounded as she heard loud, heavy steps making their way up the stairs. This was only her second week in this squat. An old bowling alley, now devoid of any bowling equipment, long sine stripped and sold off. All that remained were odd sized shoes and maybe a fews pins. She stared at the door, the sun light breaking through the cracks in the ceiling, bouncing off the scorched tinfoil on the floor. Like a mirror ball in an altogether different place, somewhere that seemed a million miles away now.

What? How could she be waking up to the sound on CSI on the TV. She pawned it last week to help feed her now frightening addiction, it was no good anyway without any electricity in the squat. The nightmare of the dog just a mental representation of the languad and torsional pain searing her nerve endings, a positive yet painful repercussion of not having smack for 36 hours. She hobbled out into the street and made it to the nearest payphone, she dialed the number, it picked up almost instantly. Sarah, is that you? We want you to know that we love you and we want you to come home. She dropped the phone and ran, the memories of her father's abuse flashed through her mind. She fell to the ground sobbing. And that's when the horse drawn carriage pulled up beside her. Here love, I'll give ya a free ride round the green if you suck me mate Gitsers dick.

Posts make no sense as some were deleted throughout. Sink this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

FX Meister wrote:
    Posts make no sense as some were deleted throughout. Sink this thread

Alternatively, write what you know about. Heroin anybody? Mmmm, mine's a fix!

guts

Advertisement