Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waves

Options
  • 08-09-2004 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I just need a little help with this physics question. It would be great if you could do it so I could learn how to do it. I just need to know how to do the questions marked (i) (ii) and (iii). The question is above this. I know how to do most of them just this caught me out. Thanks.

The question is here.

Thanks again,
    Denis

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Radiowaves of frequency 30KHz ...

(i) Calculate the wavelength

How exactly did this catch you out ???
    c=lambda.f

c as in E=Mc2
    f as in frequency
    lamdba would be a wavelength

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Radiowaves of frequency 30KHz ...

(i) Calculate the wavelength

How exactly did this catch you out ???
    c=lambda.f

c as in E=Mc2
    f as in frequency
    lamdba would be a wavelength

Maybe he didn't know that Radiowaves travel at the speed of light? Check out the electromagnetic spectrum for the rest.

Edit:

2) 1500km plus half the wavelenght (half because you want destructive interference)

3) (1500 + plus lammda/2) Squared / 4 - (1500)squared / 4 = h squared.

This stuff is rather basic, Leaving cert are we talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yep, i knew how to do (i) but 10,000km didn't sound right. It was (ii) and (iii) that were catching me out. But sure its so easy after its explained. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

That was 2002 right? Yeah I'da got an A1 if I knew what coherant meant, but I didn't so I didn't. Ah that's life and as long as I get a 2.1 or higher in my degree then I dinna give a rats ass about the leaving.

Advertisement