Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deflectors in Cork?

Options
  • 07-09-2004 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭

I moved to Macroom nearly a year ago and have (almost) always been able to pick up BBC1 NI, ITV Wales and BBC World. Which was handy 'coz I have a Sky dish as well, so C4 was all that was missing.
    Now all have disappeared and there's some religious channel coming in on the ITV wavelength.
    Does anyone know if the service has been withdrawn or how do I find out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭medja

Macroom has always been an odd outpost of the defectors, as it did not seem to be fully connected to Southcoast. EWTN is been broadcast on the LTV frequency and in the past they have broadcast Local programmes of interest on a Wednesday night. (including the legendary Quiz putt.) However Broadcasts have not always aired during the summer.

Ask Gallagher’s in the Square, As far As I know they run the transmitters. But All stations have disappeared for months at a time in the past. (All this info is a little out of date as I’m only back over every few months.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

medja wrote:
    Macroom has always been an odd outpost of the defectors, as it did not seem to be fully connected to Southcoast. EWTN is been broadcast on the LTV frequency and in the past they have broadcast Local programmes of interest on a Wednesday night. (including the legendary Quiz putt.) However Broadcasts have not always aired during the summer.

Ask Gallagher’s in the Square, As far As I know they run the transmitters. But All stations have disappeared for months at a time in the past. (All this info is a little out of date as I’m only back over every few months.)

Thanks. I'm new to this deflector lark.
    I got the aerial in Gallaghers, I'll give them a shout.

It's not too much of an inconvenience for me, but the wife misses ITV :rolleyes:

I'd gladly pay a sub for consistant service though......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

It was reported in the Southern Star newspaper recently that the service was withdrawn due to poor financial contribution from the Macroom community. A public meeting was held recently and in the next few weeks if a minumum of 100 people subscribe the 75 euros it will return, otherwise it will close for good with a reassurance that all monies collected will be refunded to those that paid - according to the report.

Advertisement