Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DU PUBLICATIONS Website

Options
  • 07-09-2004 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Web Designer with some skills at creating good solid Content Management Systems and Websites that can be updated by non-CS knowledgeible people.
    I have a good level of Web Design and Webmastering myself but would not have the time to do this. There is modest funding available however there is also the Student Media Awards to look forward to which means many many more jobs.
    I'm telling you. If You make a half decent site and i'll make sure the content is smashing. It will win

Being a Trinity Student is a great advantage

The Site will be for DUBLIN UNIVERSITY PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE
    or DU PUBS for short. We oversee the funding and running of the independent publications in Trinity and recieve funding on a par with the Central Societies Committee, Students Union and DUCAC. Publications include: Trinity News, Icarus, Miscellany(oldest Student magazine in teh country), Pirahana(Parent of the Slate), Evoke, Diversity, Cafe Babel and many academic Journals and once off publications

If your interested in learning about DU PUBS or getting involved. Especially in the site dev :) Thats Great

GRAHAM Ó MAONAIGH
    Secretary
    DUPUBS

(First Hack post) ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If I was moderator, I'd make this a sticky for yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

mod whore Joe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Seriously though theres allot of cross talk on these threads, and some very good posts getting lost in noise. As for me being a mod... I somehow doubt the other mods would allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Boston wrote:
    Seriously though theres allot of cross talk on these threads, and some very good posts getting lost in noise. As for me being a mod... I somehow doubt the other mods would allow it.

Why not? This is an active forum and we need a mod. So how does this go, by nominations? If that's the case I nominate (in order of preference):

1. Boston
    2. Triceradon
    3. Me :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i vote amp, to be honest

• Advertisement

*cough*

*COUGH*

etc.

i vote amp, to be honest

Um.. to be honest how can you vote for someone who (I'm pretty sure) hasn't made post in this entire forum? :confused:

Oh and Crash (neil), you were on my original list man! But then I re-read the FAQ and Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.
    You haven't got your feet wet.. And ya dinna know the workings of the college yet. Give it a year man and defo, cos tbh your head won't stop spinning til jan-feb. :D Mine certainly didn't

heheh ah i just want another forum to add to my list :D

for the record DeV i am not a mod whore :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

now now crash, lets not lie....

VOTE CRASH (he'll beat me if you dont)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Vote me !
    I live on campus so have nothing better to do than look after a TCD Forum :)

• Advertisement

I'd nominate Joe(Boston) for this one anyway, IMO.

moved to more relevant thread

Advertisement