Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing Tiles

Options
  • 07-09-2004 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard of sealing tiles before you grout them to prevent mould growing between the grout lines & on them afterwards. Is it something that goes between the tiles or on them?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Never heard of it lad, will ask the brother about it as he is a tiler. Did you search tinter net

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

yop wrote:
    Never heard of it lad, will ask the brother about it as he is a tiler. Did you search tinter net
    Not yet, just flickin thro the channels the other night & Handy Andy was doing some tilin and he briefly mentioned something about sealing tiles before you grout.
    Only reason I ask is that the ensuite shower has some mould growing on the grout, so I'm gonna spend next weekend trying to remove this mould with the grout and re-grout and put new sealant all round the shower tray.
    If I can do anything else to slow down the mould coming back, it be be nice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"If I can do anything else to slow down the mould coming back, it be be nice."

Wash the shower more than once a year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    No, wall tiles in the shower.

• Advertisement
Advertisement