Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Question

Options
  • 06-09-2004 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I am applying for a Higher Education Grant from Dun Laurigh (sp?) / Rathdown Which I am expecting to get. Now I know that they pay the registration fee but what I want to know is do I have to pay the Reg fee and get refunded or will the Reg fee be paid directly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You'll only have to pay the student union fee, which is like €8 or something. Dun Laoighre will pay the registration fees directly. You only need to physically pay for the SU charge.

Be prepared to wait for your maintenance cheques to arrive though, theoretically they arrive at the beginning of each term but in practice they come at the end of term. Basicallly the earlier you get your application forms in, the quicker they get processed and the quicker you get your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

John2 wrote:
    You'll only have to pay the student union fee, which is like €8 or something. Dun Laoighre will pay the registration fees directly. You only need to physically pay for the SU charge.

Be prepared to wait for your maintenance cheques to arrive though, theoretically they arrive at the beginning of each term but in practice they come at the end of term. Basicallly the earlier you get your application forms in, the quicker they get processed and the quicker you get your money.
    Cool, Thanks a lot.

Also Does anyone know if you have to send in an Acceptance recipt or something? If you do what do I send the web printout or the slip CAO sent me or what?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Kapper, If you're not 100% sure that they pay it, you can pay it yourself and get the money back at the end of the year. If you don't pay and they then don't get the grant you'll be charged and extra 175 euro for late payment.

As for installments, Theres listed put up on the notice board in the main arch about when the grants are expected in. Usually they are there when they say they will.

As for giving them acceptance proof. unless it say's other wise on the app form, you don't need to. They will handle everything with trinity.

As an aside you will have to go through the full reapplication process each year, as the exams are pretty late in the year. And you need to have passed the year to get next years grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

afaik, you'd have to pay it in firstyear as you probally won't have your grant stuff sorted out by then, they will give it back to ya tho... easiest thing to do is just ask in the student record office in freshers week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Triceradon wrote:
    afaik, you'd have to pay it in firstyear as you probally won't have your grant stuff sorted out by then, they will give it back to ya tho... easiest thing to do is just ask in the student record office in freshers week...

Once they know that you will get the grant, then it's ok. It showed up at registration on the computers that I was getting one in first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I didn't have to pay it in first year and I was quite late sending my application into Dun Laoighre

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Things are alittle different for me this year.

Its my 3rd year in Trinity but I'm going into Senior Freshmen(2nd year for UCD heads).
    Seen as I repeated 1st year last year I was unable to recieve a grant which I am entitled to.
    This year I am eligible again and will be in receipt of a half grant by the looks of it.

Problem: I have to pay the Student Admin fee by the 16th of Septmber...

I don't think I'll find out about the grant until after that date probably :(

What to do?

Advertisement