Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable is out and it looks good.

Options
  • 06-09-2004 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

thought this wasn't out for ages but no.

fable-jpg.jpeg

IGN review

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I thought it was at least next year before this was out. There was even rumours that it would be a launch title for Xbox 2. Its out on the 14/09/04 in the us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

looks good. pity it's only on XBox for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Fable got a 8.6 on Gamespot. They reckon the Main story will last around 10-20 hours and the side quests around 30-40 hours. Still an AAA title in my eyes. Also.. dare I say it... yes... You can be gay hehehe. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

if you're so inclined. 10 hrs is pretty poor all the same. i guess if you do all the sidequests is ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ten hour if you buy a game to complete it as quick as possible. I clocked up over 20 hours on metroid prime before I finished it. I like the sound of this game. sex and all! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

After Black & White I've decided to take everything Peter Molyneux says with a helping of sodium chloride.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Black and White was way ahead of its time IMO. It just wasn't finished properly and lacked something to keep the player interested. Either way, i'm gonna pick up Fable.

@Disco Stu: The Delays - good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

After Black & White I've decided to take everything Peter Molyneux says with a helping of sodium chloride.

You and me both. I've refused to get in any way excited about Fable because he's making the same absolutely outlandish claims as he did with Black & White. And it's a good thing too, because listening to him three or four years ago I would have been expecting the Second Coming.

Dont most companys promise features beyond possible belief when it is first announced any way? Its like you should expect that the features will never be in the game and just focus on the guarnteed features. IMO the feature they promised, which state the Kids in Towns will get the same haircut as you, as you become well known. You kind of get the feeling that it wont make it in the final game.

Did you read what Peter Molyneux had to say about kids? They had to take children out of the game because some of the testers were committing Dunblane-style massacres and they were afraid of the Sun getting wind of it. Read the article ! (see original post).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

silverside wrote:
    Did you read what Peter Molyneux had to say about kids? They had to take children out of the game because some of the testers were committing Dunblane-style massacres and they were afraid of the Sun getting wind of it. Read the article ! (see original post).

So there are no children at all in the game? Thats a bit creepy.. doesnt that game start when you are a child? A child in a world of adults?

Matt

*I* don't know :rolleyes: - i'm just telling you what I read :)

have a look for yourself:

article

I think there are kids in the Game, they just took out the ablilty to produce your own.

Advertisement