Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend's Rugby [3rd/4th/5th Sept]

Options
  • 04-09-2004 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Very rusty performance by Munster last night losing to the Ospreys 34 - 17. They were without 11 of their international stars. One positive from the game from a Munster point of view was Christian Cullen's performance. He scored Munster's 2 tries and certainly saved their asses a few times with some excellent tackles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Leinster - another team short 10 internationals - only managed a 9-9 draw against Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

daveirl wrote:
    I'd agree with you, Leinster & Munster are screwed in the Celtic League thanks to EoS training camps.

I would fancy Leinsters chances more than Munsters in the HC, especially with their new coach, who'll hopefully impart some Munster grit to the Ladyboys :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Went looking for the Munster match didn't even think i would be on BBc Wales.Crap. Anyways anyone know what the dealio is with Setanta TV.
    Do you have to pay for it,what package is it on,when is it on???
    ManSky really are taking for a ride with all these new channels.

As for results (read the reports) Ospreys had internationals and Munster didn't IRFU ;) (sarcasm) Cullen apparently was outstanding and hope this will silence the critics.
    Leinster had a good first outing agian no inter's
    Connacht just keep getting better
    Ulster tight game supposed to be very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Nukem wrote:
    Went looking for the Munster match didn't even think i would be on BBc Wales.Crap. Anyways anyone know what the dealio is with Setanta TV.

Well I'm getting it for free with the basic NTL package. At the moment that means I get to see Celtic League, World Cup soccer qualifiers from Europe and the odd live Premiership soccer match--if I could be arsed--from Engalnd and Scotland. (See how long that lasts)

Maybe it depends on where you live. I'm in central Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fish Man

I went to the Leinster match yesterday and it was awful.
    Neither team looked like getting a try and just fumbled about for 80 mins.
    I hope this is not a taste of things to come from Leinster.

Maybe someone could tell me why, with the odd exception, Leinster did not put out their internationals? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

was there too. Terrible to watch. No internationals because of the preseason for the National team.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

At least the weather was nice over on the terrace in Donnybrook yesterday ! ;)

As far as i can see now that Munster, Leinster and Ulster have won the Celtic League its gone by the way side. Connacht look strong agin this season so i hope they could possibly win it. ;)

And as far as setanta tv goes- F*CK that il find a pub and watch a match before i give SKY anymore money,sick of them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fish Man

demac wrote:
    At least the weather was nice over on the terrace in Donnybrook yesterday ! ;)

Demac

You got that right. The beer was good in Kiely's too :D

daveirl wrote:

Eh its SKY with a new name. There was war over this a while back becaue RTE wanted to make a Sport channel and Sky got the Jump first hence Setanta TV. Its SKY that has the rights its just a an irish company or something owned by Sky.Anyways found a pub in Douglas and they had it on Fri and i missed it :mad:

Next time.But as for the Celtic League changing-Obviously over the Welsh Provinces but,the IRFU dont care they make little money from it. HC and 6nations is where they make money and thats the bottom line :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

The celtic league could easily be made profitable if the IRFU released the internationals and made the CL more competitive, this would lead to sponsors and blah blah blah. IRFU + EOS = right shower.

daveirl wrote:

What channell is BBC wales i have NI,tell u d truth never looked for BBC wales or do u have to tune it in

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Nukem wrote:
    What channell is BBC wales i have NI,tell u d truth never looked for BBC wales or do u have to tune it in

It is possible to tune in all the BBC regions on Satelite. The topic is on the satellite bulletin board http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104748 for Sky Digital viewers.

I must admit I thought that Setanta had an exclusive deal for the CL but am now delighted to find that some matches will be FTA on BBC Wales. :D

• Advertisement

redabbey wrote:
    It is possible to tune in all the BBC regions on Satelite. The topic is on the satellite bulletin board http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104748 for Sky Digital viewers.

I must admit I thought that Setanta had an exclusive deal for the CL but am now delighted to find that some matches will be FTA on BBC Wales. :D

Cheers for the link would have never seen it. thanks. :cool:
    As for the Setanta rights. Why do they have a UK one??????
    Sky as far as i can tell,its on their system. I'll check though. Il try find that report on TG 4 and there battle to keep d CL.

Thanx again

daveirl wrote:

Dead sorry its not owned by Sky but they have rights not to the name or to the channel jsut the two specific channels on Sky

Quote from their site
    In addition to broadcasting over the satellite network Setanta Sport operates two separate pay-per-view (PPV) channels in the UK & Ireland. Available on Sky Digital and NTL our two PPV channels present over 50 live sporting events per year.

Setanta TV

Know its been around ages. But this is what i was on about

Advertisement