Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes Vengeance open MP beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I'd like it more if I could find a lag-free server :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

have only played it on my own server just to get a look of it and set up the keys , maybe we can get a few boards people together on a server, if someone has a good connection to host ;)

Clover wrote:
    have only played it on my own server just to get a look of it and set up the keys , maybe we can get a few boards people together on a server, if someone has a good connection to host ;)

Just had a quick game. In previous tribes games I was capper/chaser, the grapple certainly makes this more 'interesting' now. I have no *real* complaints about the gameplay itself, it feels less familiar than I thought it would but I guess I'll just need to get used to it!

It looks/plays well on my PC (2600xp+, 512 MB PC2700, GeForce 4 T14800se) too, I'm surprised really. Guess I can hold off ordering that new hardware for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i set mine downloading last night, havent had a chance to install yet.

Looking forward to getting back to tribes:)

Any other opinions yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Strange i dled this and tried to run it but all i get is a black screen and then it freezes i need to reboot the pc to get back to my desktop

Anyone else have this prob or am i the only 1

Shin

had no trouble with the install , but have had trouble getting into servers and have also had trouble with the mouse config , the wheel up /down to cycle through the weapons does not work i had to set up the forward back keys on my logitech mx 700 to cycle through the weapons , which is a pain as i wanted to use them for other binds :confused:

I've had one crash to desktop (with error message), but otherwise the only problems are in-game... such as morters falling through the map, getting stuck in terrain (grapple to any surface + jet to get out), etc etc.

When you config your controls, you can set a key to jump+jet, jet+ski, jet, ski, jump, etc. AFAIK one of the devs mentioned the arc is wrong on jump+jet, so if you're a T1 kinda guy (/looks at Dustaz) you'll want to bind to something else and do it manually... or at least I think that's the jist of what he was saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hmm...I think its crap :p the graphics are nothing special , the maps are boooooring and the weapons are like pea shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

But don't you wear makeup tusky?

Anywho, id like to give this a go.. i was actually quite fond of tribes when i was 56k and now that im getting adsl it might be worth a look.

• Advertisement

But don't you wear makeup tusky?

Anywho, id like to give this a go.. i was actually quite fond of tribes when i was 56k and now that im getting adsl it might be worth a look.

make up ? where did that come from
    :confused:

Tusky wrote:
    Hmm...I think its crap :p

If you take it as a standalone game, and forget the rest of the series it's just about 'okay'.

anyone get the console to work , i'v read up on the tribalwar forums but i can;t get it to work :o

Clover wrote:
    anyone get the console to work , i'v read up on the tribalwar forums but i can;t get it to work :o

I followed the instructions there and it worked for me *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

had a very quick game last night. It runs like a dog on my machine so its very hard to tell whats its like.

It seems like tribes 2 with the speed of tribes 1. I dont think thats such a great thing, but thats just me. Ill wait till i can run the damn thing properly before i moan about it properly :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Going to download this, trhought t2 was bit of fun at times..
    where can i obtain a cd-key?
    do I get one after I download the file from fileplanet?

Lenny wrote:
    Going to download this, trhought t2 was bit of fun at times..
    where can i obtain a cd-key?
    do I get one after I download the file from fileplanet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You talking about on fileplanet?
    already have an account, there. gona go download now and see if i see a cdkey on the site somewere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bleh I downloaded it and there's no games being played that I can see.
    What a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Played it there, and it seems to be rather mediocre at best, not worth getting into seriously from what I have seen of it, graphics are nice, but not spectacular, weapons are weak as piddle too, very little you can do to stop chain capping most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Mixie wrote:

If you don't want to wait for fileplanet:

Mirror List
    http://www.5assedmonkey.com/Files/tribesv_mpbeta_en.exe

Tried a download from the mirror above, it 'completed' after 318megs, I cursed and tried to run the executable, which started unpacking files, but never finished, the error msg moaning about file integrity and telling me to go off and download it somewhere else...

Sorry Luc, that's where I got it from actually - though that was a week ago now. Has anyone else had problems with that mirror? If so I'll edit it out.

Advertisement