Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allan Holdsworth

Options
  • 03-09-2004 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey everyone! I haven't seen any mentions of Allan Holdsworth on this site so I thought i'd see if anybody has any thoughts about him(that is if you've even heard of him!)

I've been a HUGE fan for about 5 years now and I think he is the greatest guitarist ever. He most definitely has the most fluid legato technique on the face of the planet and his chordal structures are unparalleled.

Wht do you guys think about him??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've certainly heard of him but thats all, I think he's regarded as sort of guitarists guitarist - like Jeff Beck in rock (though he's done jazzy stuff too).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

I suppose you could say he is a guitarist's guitarist but he also has some really beautiful songs and although at first his music may seem intimadating, after a few listens you won't want to turn it off!!
    Persoinal recommendations are the albums Secrets, Metal Fatigue and All Night Wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

I actually mentioned him on Friday in another thread... but yes, incredible guitar player, tho I prefer his work as a sideman: Bruford, Soft Machine, UK, Tony Williams etc. I find most of his solo albums a bit samey in terms of texture and feel. The EP with Jack Bruce was good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I first heard him on Alex Masi's Attack Of The Neon Shark lp. He was playing a Roland Synth guitar IIRC. Mental, but amazing ;)

Advertisement