Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Cork

Options
  • 02-09-2004 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience working for Apple in Cork, especially on temporary/shift work?

And is it true that there is an Apple employee discount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Dahakka

Dudara

don't have first hand experience on Apple, but what I can tell you is that a colleague of mine went for an interview with them and told me a few interesting facts. Assuming that you're looking for work in the tech support dept., the pay is risible. I mean, you wouldn't actually be able to survive on it, unless a) You live with your parents, or b) You go busking after work for those few extra cents for a hot dinner. On top of that, they're quite strict on the call duration time, after call work (as in you'd be deemed a weak link should you ever exceed your allocated time after the call -2 min-) and if that wasn't enough, you're actually required by contract to perform two telephone sales every month. So you've been warned.

Hope this helps

Regards

Dahakka

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No, I'm talking assembly work here. I've no interest in dealing with the public :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manzana

i am working at apple in cork.

there is a staff discount. if you want to ask anything send me a private message here or email if that option was enabled.

if you are interested in working here (any time), email to talk more. i can few your resume to the hr boss directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks Manzana, I've been working there for about 3 weeks now and I'm heading in tomorrow for 6 days due to the shift rotation.

It's fine work, if a little tedious, but where else will you get that kind of money for just 3 days work.

Must see about getting my ipod now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

hi im looking to work at apple this summer for temporary/shift work I handed my c.v in at reception today anyone know if there hiring? and would they hire me even though im only 18 and only have worked at two previous employers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Babelle

Hi manzana

Don't know whether you still work for apple ..but do you mind if I ask you something about their recruitment process pls?

Thanks
    B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Please don't bump really old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement