Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dance classes

Options
  • 31-08-2004 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Hope I have the right forum.
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any hip hop dance classes being held in or around Dublin??

Any info is appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye i can teach ya. I got the moves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 evilbubbs

there are plenty of classes around dublin
    check out the hollywood dance school
    and B-scene dance studio
    jans shorthall....

or just save yoursefl the money watch MTV and copy it. its cheaper and probably better for you.

im serious, hiphop is a lifestyle and attitude, as a dance it is freestlye, which means whatever you want todo. get your own flow together, dont bother what others think.

trust me on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

what the hell is 'hip-hop dance'? A bunch of trucker cap wearing MTVites copying Wade Can't Dance For **** Robson? If you mean b-boying (or 'breakdancing' as the mainstream public knows it) then you just need to know other b-boys/b-girls. B-boying (like the other elements of hip-hop) is a way of life though, it's about originality and unique style, so the best b-boys usually didn't attend any 'b-boy college' or some $hit. Go to www.bboy.org if you want to know more though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hi. There are loads of places around Dublin. Jane Shortall (who is the best), does classes in both the YMCA on Aungier Street, and The Factory on Barrow Street - check out www.janeshortall.com.

Also, the Hollywood Dance Studion, just off O'Connell Street, Cois Ceim (www.coisceim.com) at Sackville Place, the International Dance Academy on Ormond Quay (www.ifamania.com), and the Dance Theatre of Ireland in Dun Laoghaire at Bloomfields Shopping Centre (www.dancetheatreireland.com) all have good classes for all disciplines. Jane Shortall is the best for hip hop that i've tried in Dublin. I believe they also hold classes in the Project Theatre as well.

Hope that helps you some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Hope that helps you some.
    almost a year to the day late but apart from that yea im sure its of great help

• Advertisement
Advertisement