Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Berlin - Lumpy Jazz

Options
  • 30-08-2004 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Picked this up last week, highly recommended for anyone into smooth, laid back jazz with phenominal bass playing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

The man can play alright, but I wasn't wholly impressed with 'In Harmony's Way'. Marcus Miller is more my style. Might pick up Jeff's new album all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

Doctor J wrote:
    Picked this up last week, highly recommended for anyone into smooth, laid back jazz with phenominal bass playing.

If you havent checked out his playing with Bruford in the late 70's I highly recomend it - Particularly One of a Kind, if you can find it. Great fusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice one. I'll hunt that f*cker down :D

Have you checked out Ohm yet?

Nope, not familiar.

Ahhh... a big treat awaits you.

http://www.chrispoland.com/index_broad.html

Click on the discography link and check out the last two cd's. You can listen to two songs off each.

• Advertisement

Couldnt get the links to work, I'll try later. So this guy was in Megadeath?

Yeah, he was a fusion player before he joined Megadeth, and his jazzy chops on the first two Megadeth albums are probably the most tasteful guitar playing on any Metal record before he left back in 87. He's returned to his roots, back with his old bass player (Robertino Pagliari) and with Kofi Baker (son of Ginger) on drums playing fusion. It's great, great stuff.

Ahh... listening now. Yeah, thats some pretty heavy stuff! If you like this you'll definitely dig that Bruford stuff. (Allan Holdsworths finest moment IMO)

Advertisement