Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Picnic....Budweiser only?

• 30-08-2004 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭

Heard a rumour that Bud will be the only beer on sale at this next weekend, anyone else heard anything about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Can not believe that anyone in their right mind would post something like this! Who cares!!! It's a music festival not a beer festival.

No doubt you will be one of THOSE PEOPLE who after consuming a skinful of whatever is on sale in the bar will talk loudly throughout the gig ruining it for every one else. Grow up my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I'd consider the choice of beverages available quite a valid thing to bring up. When you have a barbecue do you buy a beer you enjoy or do you buy any old brand off the rack? When i'm at a music festival I like to have a nice beer in my hand, there's very little that can beat it. Sun, quality brew, music. Drinking does not always equal loud obnoxious behaviour, nor does it take from one's ability to appreciate music.

Personally I think there should be at least one beer, one stout and one cider made available to offer people choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BrianD wrote:
    Can not believe that anyone in their right mind would post something like this! Who cares!!! It's a music festival not a beer festival.

No doubt you will be one of THOSE PEOPLE who after consuming a skinful of whatever is on sale in the bar will talk loudly throughout the gig ruining it for every one else. Grow up my friend.

Sorry bud (pun intended) but its a perfectly valid question, dont get me wrong I'm not goign with the intention of getting bladdered but I do like a few drinks while at a festival (more so than a gig cause gigs are usually hard to get to the bar). Wandering around a festival just checking out whats going on with a nice cold beer is v pleasurable. Well it would be unless that beer is budweiser (which I hate!).

Also can you please name an outdoor music festival where someone standing at a bar talking has managed to ruin the gig for ANYONE except maybe the bar staff!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BrianD wrote:
    Grow up my friend.

Get down of your high horse my friend ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'd like to see a gig in Ireland where there was no alcahol at all

**** it, I'd like to see *anything* in Ireland where there was no alcahol at all

myself, I think I'll take a few pills and buzz around the gigs for the night. fun! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

BrianD wrote:

Chrisht, are you 80 years old. That is the daftest post i've seen in a while. Do you sit in a bar with your mates and say nothing in case you might wreck the buzz in there.

Grow down my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, Budweiser's a lot better than Heineken, like those Heineken green Energy Concerts.

Advertisement