Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortifications in History

Options
  • 30-08-2004 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good book titles or web resoources for research into fortifications and siege warfare in history?

The specific periods I'm looking for are c. 1350's and the mid to late 1700's. I've a pretty basic idea of tehse two periods, but I'm looking for something a little more specific.

Any help, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

I have a very good book on renaissance fortification at home, i can't think of the name at the moment but i'll have a look this evening (i forgotten i had till i saw this topic!) It's kinda more broad in that it covers from early 15th century to basically end of 17th century but i enjoyed reading it alot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Well 'Art of War in the Middle Ages A. D. 378-1515' by Charles Oman is a recommended book on this period but I don't know offhand how much fortifications are covered.

Advertisement