Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How & where to play online games????

Options
  • 29-08-2004 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭

I just got broadband installed and would be interested in playing a couple of games online. My favourite is actually Age of empires.

But where do I go to play the online games. What sites should I connect to?
    Basically I am not too computor literate or technically minded but I do persevere with things.

Any replies would be much appreciated providing they are simple.

One other thing-- how much of an impact would playing online have on the download limit imposed by the ISP. In my case it is 8Gb per month with Esat/BT :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Glad to see yea have BB,
    Playing games online would have feck all impact on your 8gb cap.
    Now you're posting this in the battlefield forum, so you have battlefield game? or you post here by accident? You should get yourself the program All Seeing Eye
    This is by far the ebst program for searching for game servers.
    if you look at this boards sticky, you'll find a few irish servers wer poeple play bf:v and vf1942
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

www.addictinggames.com go there some great games

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

thanks for the replies. I just posted in this forum being unsure as to where exactly I should post. I will try the links given and let you know how I get on.
    most likely I'll be back for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Moved to general Games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Do yourself a favour, now you have BB, download enemy territory from www.enemy-territory.com Its a free online ww2 shooter that beats the pants of most full priced games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I second that Enemy Territory suggestion, class altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I downloaded Enemy Territory and was installing it when a little window appeared saying that I had to install something or other that stops you from using cheats.
    I had to stop at this stage.
    I do use cheats on some of the games on the PC but if I installed this device that prevents the cheats would it have any effect on the games I play on the PC (not online) or on any of the web sites I log onto for downloading cheats etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No. I'm assuming its Punkbuster (maybe its not). If it is it wont stop you using cheats offline. And even takes a few moments to kick in when online, depending on the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah that was just punkbuster Muffle, you have to install it to play online. It just stops people from cheating online, but wont do any damage to offline games. enjoy enemy territory!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You have to install it, but you dont NEED it to play, most server dont run it, I never liked having to keep it up to date n all that stuff, so I rarely bother keeping it up to date and find good servers elsewhere. Theres the risk of cheats, but they dont really bother me in Enemy Territory unless their utterly blatent (speed hack or full on aimbot), inwhich case you just find a new server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement