Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run in with a Smurf and client crashes.

Options
  • 19-10-1999 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

OK I'm convinced there is a way to crash peoples client. I have had it happen 3 times now, at those times it was the only time I didn't need a client crash.

So the last time it happend, I've almost killed this thief, suddenly my client crashes. I reconnect and he's legged it and some other guy is trying to loot me.

I mention that someone must be crashing my machine, of course the thief who I was attacking thinks I'm accusing him. So I've called a smurf, and he's called a smurf.

The smurf arrives and I get sh1t from him telling me not to be spamming the bank accusing someone of using Bugs. I hadn't. So eventually he realises that (and realises the other guy is a moron).

He tells me that my machine settings are incorrect. So I asked did he just scan my machine. He didn't reply, so I asked again, he still wouldn't reply (which incidently means yes. Counselors are told to ignore questions if they shouldn't answer them).

I get some crap about my gfx setting being too high which is causing the crashes when I run. So I asked how is it one of those times I was standing still, and my machine hasn't changed in over a month and yet suddenly now its not working?

Walked out on the smurf at that point. > sad.gif

Advertisement